Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TiVoWebPlus 1.3.1 suggestions

Some more observations:

I tried loading the web remote from another PC (I can access my TWP externally via a no-ip address) also running latest WinXP Firefox. The same problem occurred (trailing '/' was removed after 'sendkey').

The problem also occurs on my Win2000 PC using IE6.
    Philips TiVo Series 1, Turbonet, 320GB, oztivo 1.6.2, NZ Emulator (8000), Akl Sky Digital Satellite

Quote Originally Posted by mpnash View Post
    Some more observations:

I tried loading the web remote from another PC (I can access my TWP externally via a no-ip address) also running latest WinXP Firefox. The same problem occurred (trailing '/' was removed after 'sendkey').

The problem also occurs on my Win2000 PC using IE6.
    Are you able to view the source of one of the pages and check what the URL of the "WebRemote" menu item is... all I can think of is that something is trying to sanitise the URLs?

I guess the simplest work-around would be to add a noop (no-operation) to the end of the /sendkey/ URL... that way it would read /sendkey/noop which should not cause any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by thomson View Post
    Are you able to view the source of one of the pages and check what the URL of the "WebRemote" menu item is... all I can think of is that something is trying to sanitise the URLs?
    The Web Remote link in the sourse of TIVO.IP/folder/0 is:
    <A HREF="/sendkey">Web Remote</A>

so the trailing '/' is missing. In fact it is missing from the others aswell (although maybe they shouldn't have it?),
    e.g.
    <A HREF="/folder/1"><b><i>More</i></b></A>
    <A HREF="/folder/2"><b><i>System</i></b></A>
    <A HREF="/folder/0"><b><i>UI</i></b></A>
    <A HREF="/channelgrid">Channel Grid</A>
    <A HREF="/listchan">ChannelMap</A>
    <A HREF="/folders">Folders</A>

Hope this helps,
    Martyn.
    Philips TiVo Series 1, Turbonet, 320GB, oztivo 1.6.2, NZ Emulator (8000), Akl Sky Digital Satellite

Quote Originally Posted by mpnash View Post
    <A HREF="/sendkey">Web Remote</A>
    I had not realised you were running the v2.0.0 codebase. I just had a look at it and it was missing the trailing '/'. If you update to the latest distribution (070410) then this will hopefully be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by thomson View Post
    I had not realised you were running the v2.0.0 codebase. I just had a look at it and it was missing the trailing '/'. If you update to the latest distribution (070410) then this will hopefully be fixed.
    Ah hah, that explains things! (sorry, I didn't think to mention this).

All now good - top work mate! Many thanks!

I have changed the name of this thread to represent v1.3.1, to avoid any confusion with 2.0.0 in the future.

Triple ffw and rew works fine now.

I do have another suggestion relating to the orphaned SP's module (/gdchecker/orphansps).

There is no way of deleting orphaned SP's easily from this screen. For an orphaned SP, all you can do is click on the series title. This takes you to the Series screen showing now playing and upcomming showings. But since there are no upcomming showings, you can't click on the episode title to make your way to the SP screen. Also on the series screen the series title is not clickable, so you cannot access the SP info from there either.

I would like to suggest either a check box for mass SP deletions, similar to what the TODO list and Now Playing currently have. Or alternatively a means of clicking from the orphans list to the SP screen (perhaps hyperlinking the SP number in the left column). If the multiple option is used, I would suggest a delay between each actual deletion occuring due the stress SP deletion puts on the TiVo.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

I have found the new Orange dashed lines in channel grid representing suggestions. Thanks.

Sugestions on other channels are still shown with the solid yellow border, this should also be orange.

Also this new feature does not show on whichChannel=0 (TODO list), so there is no distinction between suggestions and regular recordings.

I do like the humour in the new 404 messages

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by petestrash View Post
    I have found the new Orange dashed lines in channel grid representing suggestions. Thanks. Sugestions on other channels are still shown with the solid yellow border, this should also be orange.
    A solid yellow border is not being used by the module... it uses a dashed yellow border, and a dotted yellow border. I am guessing you are using IE which seems to have some issues with the CSS and styles. A reload may help, otherwise all I can suggest is that you try the latest bundle of 1.3.1 (which has a small fix that may help) or use FireFox, although IE7 is probably okay also.

Quote Originally Posted by petestrash View Post
    Also this new feature does not show on whichChannel=0 (TODO list), so there is no distinction between suggestions and regular recordings.
    Done... will slow down the creation of the page slightly.

Thanks,

Using the 20070430 version now.

The channelgrid todo list works fine.

FYI current differences btw IE6 & IE7 for the other channels:

In IE7 all suggestions are shown with a dotted border. Orange for on that channel, and Yellow for on a different channel. Other recordings have a dashed border. Red for on that channel and Yellow for on another channel.

In IE6 both suggestions and regular recordings are shown with only a dashed border (neither dotted). Yellow for anything on a different channel (both suggestions and regular recordings). For on that channel, Red for Regular recordings and Orange suggestions.

Thanks again,

Peter.

Just noticed, the logs shown in TWP r20070430 are now all shown centre justified (Both IE6 & IE7).

This makes it a little hard to read.

Peter.