Thread: script for show deletion

script for show deletion

My flatmate regularly records shows and doesn't remove them once he's watched them. I'm wishing to write a bash script that will automatically delete certain shows each week. I figure it'd be easy enough to do if the shows were stored as regular files with meaningful names, but I don't think this is the case. Can anyone tell me where the recorded shows are stored, and whether the name of the show is written within the file in plain text? Any help on the subject appreciated.

In TivoWebPlus, click on User Interface -> To Do

From there you can create a blocklist with the show names you want to delete. Then you just need to load that page each week and click the "Delete Shows" button at bottom of the page (the shows will automatically be selected every week to be deleted).

I'm not sure if there is a way to automate the process, but this way is definately faster than doing each show one-by-one on the tivo itself!

cheers for the info. I'm pretty keen to have it automated, I don't see why I should have to do something each week just because he's too lazy to do it himself! I'm pretty keen to do it with bash if possible and just crontab it.

recordings are stored in the mfs by fsid's, these have no bearing on actual show names.

I'm fairly sure I saw a script for mass deletions somewhere on dealdatabase a few years ago, but even that did not automate the procedure.

What does it matter anyway, once a show has expired the TiVo will automatically delete it if space is needed. So just set your season passes with "Save till I delete" then your shows are safe.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

I enjoy being able to flick through shows that have been recorded by Tivo's recommendations. If the hard drive is full of the shows my flatmate watches, it doesn't seem to record recommendations - assumably the manually recorded shows have precedence over it's own suggestions.

Fair enough, but still no solution for you.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!