Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duplicate guide data on new install

Duplicate guide data on new install

Hi all,

Has / is anyone else experiencing weird guide data on a fresh install against the Wellington free to air service (postcode 02112 – WL Free to air)

Last night I preformed a fresh install of my tivo using the Aug 06 Sony install image, but now have a few errors in the guide data.

Programs are duplicated with an hour of difference.

For instance, have set up a season pass for Men in trees (for my girlfriend). On Monday the 9th of March, it is listed as starting at 21:30 and 22:30.

If I look using TWP at the these shows, the mfs data showing object for the first entry is

Showing 8188/11 {
    Date = 13591
    Duration = 3300
    Program = 6595/-1
    Station = 2415/-1
    Time = 77400
    IndexUsedBy = 8188/10
    }

And the mfs data showing object for the second entry is
    Showing 8190/11 {
    Date = 13591
    Duration = 3300
    Program = 6595/-1
    Station = 2415/-1
    Time = 81000
    IndexUsedBy = 8190/10
    }

Does anyone else see these sort of repeats?
    Not all shows have repeats, but there is a lot that do.

Note – I did use the instructions here http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/vie...eChannelNumber to change the channel numbers for each of the channels, so that tv2 was 2, tv3 is number 3 etc.

These are due to the daylight savings switch last night, ie programmes moved an hour.
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work

Incorrect Time

One of my TiVos has not set the tome correctly after daylight saving .
    I have tried a daily call and had no change.
    From tclient.log:

Mar 18 12:15:03 (none) comm[145]: Setting clock. Command = "/bin/ntpdate -b 210.48.107.133"
    Mar 18 12:15:03 (none) comm[145]: About to execute: /bin/ntpdate -b 210.48.107.133 2>&1
    Mar 18 12:15:12 (none) comm[145]: Command: /bin/ntpdate -b 210.48.107.133 2>&1, failed: 256

When I try ntpupdate -vb 210.48.107.133
    I get:

Our postcode is 02121. No matching timezone for postcode 02121

My other TiVo that worked ok is on 2112

Is this a problem on the emulator?

Thanks in advance

No, this is a problem with your configuration.

/etc/postcodezones needs to have the correct postcode and matching timezone entry.
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite

Unless things have changed with the NZ images, there won't be a postcode for 2121 in /etc/postcodes. I think it only has(had) 2112,2113,2115,2116.

I might be out of date though.

Peter.

Edit: DJC beat me to the reply. I started typing before he answered, but was distracted.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DJC View Post
    These are due to the daylight savings switch last night, ie programmes moved an hour.
    I've been seeing the problem for a few days now - only for programs after daylight savings, and I kind of assumed it would right itself today. I'd say I first noticed it last week sometime, and it's showing up for things in my season passes and wishlists. I think it doesn't show if you are going to tape a few programs in a row. It's particularly noticeable with Campbell Live, Las Vegas (the late night on TV2) and some other programs that I'm not about to admit I watch

Guess I should have asked the question when I saw there was a problem :-(

So how do we fix it???
    Last edited by redted; 18-03-2007 at 08:28 PM.

I just went through the To Do list and deleted the ones that I didn't want. I'm sure it'll all be ok after a couple of days. It wouldn't be daylight savings time if there wasn't the odd hiccup!

btw, much praise due to all the people in the background of TivoNZ who keep the entire system operating relatively seamlessly, Good on Ya fellas!

I have updated my postcodezones and now have had a successful daily call / time update.

Maybe a note in
    http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=912 as a reminder to update postcodezones when using newer headends is required?

Thanks to All

Quote Originally Posted by redted View Post
    I would just like to point out that I've been seeing the problem for a few days now
    Well, normally the volunteers working on the project would have spotted this -- however, seems like we have all been busy with other things. Thanks, however, for pointing it out.

Solution:

A new set of slices have been built, these are forward referenced so they should be picked up immediately.

Those with dup data should -- force a daily call through TWP, or use the trickey remote key sequence clear-livetv-clear.