Thread: No audio after running palmod_config

No audio after running palmod_config

Hi,

I trying to figure out why my new Tivo still sounding jerky at time even though it is out of the maintainance mode and running in Pal. I thought it was the horizontal resolution setting I made (was 720 and I changed it back to 544).

Anyway when I ran the palmod_config from the telnet session I saw Audio Settings in the menu. I entered into it and played with the A/V Input level settings. When I entered into it the first time it say the Current A/V Input level setting is '0' and no matter what number I put in there it reverts back to 0. When I type 100 and press enter I can hear my Tivo output sound for a split second before going silent again.

Is there a config file I can manually modify to return to audio setting to 100?

Garry

If you are a windows user and not doing so already, use PuTTY. And remember to change the appropriate setting as outlined on this page here: http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/vie...lnetToYourTiVo

Stuttering audio does happen fron time to time on TiVo's, and a channel up/down usually fixes it. What type of hard disk are you trying to use?
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

I got a Tivo shipped with a 160Gb WD Caviar drive. I intend upgrading it to a 300+ Gb Seagate once my Tivo config is stable.

BTW I have resolved the palconfig_mod audio problem. I figured out that you need to type the volume setting and the x after it to set the volume (eg: 100 x) in the audio settings screen. My Tivo has sound again.