Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Remote Control stops working nzTivo 1.5

There is no process you can manually restart if it was caused by the event bug, Reboot only.

If you are using the latest NZ image, then you should be running TWP not TW.

To stop TWP enter:
    /var/hack/TivoWebPlus/tivoweb stop

To start TWP enter:
    /var/hack/TivoWebPlus/tivoweb

Peter
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Many thanks
    Brian

Brian,
    Did the above commands work to start and stop TWP for you? and more importantly, did turning TWP off solve the remote freezing problem?

Well, it's a good few weeks since I turned off TWP and no freezes since, couple of long ominous oauses, which ordinarily would have led to a hang, so it would appear that TWP uses a bit to much resource? Would a cache card help?

No, the cachecard only caches the mfs it does not effect programs running in regular memory.

Also a Cachecard loaded with 512mb of ram puts a large strain on the PSU, possibly causing extra problems if your supply is still an original.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

TiVoweb Plus not cause of freeze

In the past I've tried turning off TWP, but I tried again anyway. The TiVo still locked up after about a week. I've tried disabling TWP on a friend's TiVo also but it still locks up every now and again. Something else must have changed since NZ image v1.4

Well mine is definitely caused by TWP, after the storm/powercuts last week, our Tivo had obviously rebooted itself, which turns TWP back on, it hung again on Saturday, switched TWP off again, fine since.

Quote Originally Posted by Skolink View Post
    I've tried disabling TWP on a friend's TiVo also but it still locks up every now and again. Something else must have changed since NZ image v1.4
    This is a familiar thought after each image since OzTiVo 1.2 was released. However people who changed back found they now had the same amount of lockups.

Personally I think part of the problem may be age of hardware related. I replaced all the Electrolytic caps on the PSU of one TiVo and it seems more stable.

It still has issues, but less than before.

There have been no extra changes to TiVoapp since r1.2, so the only changes though the last few revisions have been to palmod and other hacks which are loaded.

All of these add an extra load to the processor and memory.

You could stop all the extra processes like Telnet, mfs_ftp, cron, twp, autospace, emuprozyza, trickey, endpad, etc and You will find your TiVo more stable but less functional.

Peter.