Thread: re-applying season passes

I guess my first problem is that I can't figure out how to start a new thread, so my apologies for, perhaps incorrectly, attaching this message to this thread.

I have successfully (sort of) changed from the port 80 emulator to port 8000.

I tried before doing so to back up all of the "Now Showing" stuff and successfully got mfs_ftp onto the TiVo, but I could not find documentation on what to do next, so I deleted everything after saving away my season passes using TiVoWeb.

The TiVo is now operational and I tried to reload the season passes. This started out OK but two of the channels, Sky 54 and 55, needed to be remapped. I expected that and though the remap to 90 and 93 seemed to go OK, no season passes have showed up. I have 50 season passes and would strongly prefer not to have to re-enter them all.

Also issuing a Reboot commad from TiVoWeb seems to do nothing. Reboot from a telnet session works as always. This is a minor issue.

Can you tell me how to recover my season passes? And how to post a message to a new thread?

Cheers,

Larry

Rebooting from TiVoWebPlus I presume you mean restart, stops and restarts the web server, not the TiVo, took me a little by surprise, I gues it would be nice if it had reboot also.
    David Hingston, Wellington, NZ
    Thomson TiVo, Cachecard 512MB, Samsung 300G, TWP 1.3.1
    Thomson TiVo, Cachecard 512MB, Seagate 320G, TWP 1.3.1
    Thomson TiVo, Cachecard 512MB, Seagate 320G, TWP 2.1 beta

You can reboot the tivo from TWP. Go to SysAdmin->RunScript->Click here to Restart Tivo

My TiVoWeb has a "Reboot TiVo" function which used to work and now doesn't. I realize that the "Restart" is for TiVoWeb itself, not the TiVo.

Ah, sorry. My mistake. I see from your post that you are using TiVoWeb, rather than TiVoWebPlus. I was talking about TiVoWebPlus. Don't know why your reboot function has stopped working. Have you check the TiVoWeb logs?

I have moved your post to a new thread.

To answer the first part of your question find the forum you want to post in lets say you wanted to post into the New Zealand General Forum either navigate the menus or use a direct link like http://forums.oztivo.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9 then at the top of each forum there is a start new thread button.

As for the second part, when restoring SP's you have the option to manually allocate which channels the SP's belong to before completing the restore.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!