Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Successful Load of Current Image with 1 small question

Successful Load of Current Image with 1 small question

I was forced to take the plunge and reimage yesterday. For those holding back, it was painless... much more so that 2 years ago when I did it last. A big thank you to those behind all of this, you're doing a wonderful job of it.

It took me about 1 hour to do the hardware side of it and up until I could go away and leave it doing its thing during guided setup. And it was all done an hour later with the occasional intervention from me.

Only thing I have left a day later is that on startup it still shows the maintenance mode "Only a few more minutes" screen when booting. Its had about 6 reboots today, including a hard power off later in the day (some 16 hours after the install was complete). Everything seems to be working though, program guides are all there, channels are all as they should be, I can schedule and record, etc etc.

Is there something more I should do before that screen goes away?

Thanks....

Did you use the NZ 1.5 or OZ 1.6.2 image?

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Hi, the NZ Image August 06, freshly downloaded from the link in the NZ Images FAQ as below. The one with Tivoweb Plus.

The just a few more minutes screen has a silver fern emblazoned on it, so I assume that indicates a NZ image too.

ftp://orac.caffeine.co.nz/install_im...-Installer.iso

Quote Originally Posted by petestrash View Post
    Did you use the NZ 1.5 or OZ 1.6.2 image?

Peter.

Go into the PalNTSC module in TWP and let us know what your current boot parameters are.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

OK, here they are:

Current TiVo Boot Parameters:

root=/dev/hda4 runideturbo=false TV_STD=PAL GS=0

Go into the PalNTSC module in TWP and let us know what your current boot parameters are.

Peter.

With GS=0 it should not be booting into maintenance mode still.

So I don't know why it is still doing it.

Just for fun try using the same part of TWP to set PAL guided setup mode, then reboot and confirm you have the same startup screen. then reset to PAL and reboot.

Maybe one of the NZ'ers on here can also confirm the latest NZ image does have 2 different startup screens.

Peter.

OK will do.

The actual maintenance mode screen isn't showing, this one seems to be an intermediary... anyway, I'll report.

With GS=0 it should not be booting into maintenance mode still.

So I don't know why it is still doing it.

Just for fun try using the same part of TWP to set PAL guided setup mode, then reboot and confirm you have the same startup screen. then reset to PAL and reboot.

Maybe one of the NZ'ers on here can also confirm the latest NZ image does have 2 different startup screens.

Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazzagazzanz View Post
    The actual maintenance mode screen isn't showing
    That's what should be happening with GS=0

.... so what is the question/problem again?
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

There's a screen, that has a Tivo with what looks like a sunset behind, below is a black section, on the left is emblazoned a NZ silver fern, in text on the bottom area it says "Only a few minutes more..." Or similar to this. I need to check he fine details.

I assumed it was indicating the setup process is incomplete...???

Quote Originally Posted by Darren King View Post
    That's what should be happening with GS=0

.... so what is the question/problem again?

Having not seen the particular screen in question as it is a NZ image specific thing, I would be assuming that if this is not the "maintenance mode" screen like you would have witnessed when first setting up your TiVo then like the OzTiVo image there is a "Starting Up" screen which is what this screen you describe sounds like. To further reinforce this the original USA software has a screen saying "Almost there... A few more moments please" (or similar) when it is booting normally too.

If your TiVo is operating normally with no jerky live TV and you have guide data then this is most likely what this screen is.

Maybe one of the NZ guys can comment.
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!