Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stuck on old emulator... whats going to happen?

Stuck on old emulator... whats going to happen?

Greetings wise men... I come in supplication.

Due to work commitments I just haven't been able to reimage my Tivo, and am still using the old emulator.

Consequently pretty much all the channel assignments are now wrong.

I will upgrade the image when I can... but meanwhile, can anything be done to reassign channels manually? Or is something else planned?

Cheers all,

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I will upgrade the image when I can... but meanwhile, can anything be done to reassign channels manually? Or is something else planned?
    You could try using the ChannelMap module within TW/TWP to see if that helps (the latest TWP v1.3.1 package can be downloaded from http://thomson.tivo.googlepages.com/TivoWebPlus)

We will be updating the legacy setup, but our first priority is always going to be the current emulator it carries the majority of users in NZ.

At this point there is an untested remapped headend slice up on the legacy emulator for 02113. Whether it will work is unknown, I guess we will see at the next set of daily calls.

There have been numerous notificiations over the last six months or more to encourage users to move to the current NZ setup.

With the remappings the current emulator is setup correctly, but the legacy headend is now more of a mess.

Fair warning, we expect the pace of changes to increase with moves to digital TV. It is strongly recommended that users make the emulator shift.
    Last edited by DJC; 04-03-2007 at 05:47 PM.
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work

At the risk of sounding like an AOL'er ... "me too"! ;-)

Hi all,

Like Tony, I've also been snowed under and haven't had time to switch over the the newer emulator. Does anyone have a map of what the new channel mapping is? I might try re-mapping using TWP.

Cheers

Mark

... I do intend to migrate though ...

I should have added that I will migrate as soon I possibly can as time permits.

Thanks for the frequent updates on progress etc too ... I realise the priority is to support the newer emulator rather than the legacy one - a sensible decision!

So I'm totally aware that I'll have to suffer the consequences of not having moved in the meantime .. mea culpa!

Cheers

Mark

Do a daily call .. there is an 02113 remapped slice up that needs testing.
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work

Quote Originally Posted by DJC View Post
    Fair warning, we expect the pace of changes to increase with moves to digital TV. It is strongly recommended that users make the emulator shift.
    Just reporting a successful re-image using the Oz version 1.6.2 iso and build on port 8000 yesterday. From power down to "indexing" was around an hour and that included falling into and solving a "blocked port 8000 on the firewall" hole. 1.6.2 is worth the upgrade alone AND the TiVo gets a dust busting into the bargain.

After holding off myself while things weren't broke, I'd strongly support the recommendations here to now do the emulator switch and not piddle around with workarounds on 80 - though if you re-image as well, the NZ ver 1.5 image sounds like the way to go for max ease (you also get to use those weird Torx screwdrivers that normally just clutter up your toolbox!)

Is there anything you found a problem with 1.6.2 for use in NZ that we need to look at?

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Version question ???

Hi there,

Quick (Dumb User) question: I'm not certain what version of the image I used when I last did a re-setup (when my disk died) ... what's the easiest way of checking what version I'm running? Not sure if I need to do a complete re-image, or just redo GS to move to the new emulator ... hoping to get time to do this over the weekend (fingers crossed!)

Cheers

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by clive View Post
    <snip> ..though if you re-image as well, the NZ ver 1.5 image sounds like the way to go for max ease (you also get to use those weird Torx screwdrivers that normally just clutter up your toolbox!)
    What are the major differences between the two versions? Anything major that's worth getting from the 1.6.2 version that's not in the NZ 1.5 image?

Cheers

Mark