Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Failed while preparing data...on new install

More info on my setup problem

I have just tried to redo GS on my working NZtivo 1.5 onto 2112 with dual input.
    It has also failed at the First setup call importing data Failed while preparing data stage..

I now suspect an error in the downloaded data

Help anyone

Thanks in advance

Me too ... I got the drive re-imaged (using a different machine and the more recent - Dec - image). Installed it, and it worked OK .. at least got into Guided Setup stage anyway. But like Islander, I'm getting the same "Failed while preparing data" message after the first call - which shows as completing successfully (i.e it connects, downloads and hangs up OK, but fails somewhere around 6 or 7% into the importing).

Any suggestions as to what I can check next?? I'm going to try running the Clear & Delete everything script again from the command line ... and retry Guided Setup again, but I'm not that confident that it's going to work!

Cheers

Mark

Righto .. tried that, no joy. Excuse the double-post but there's another related thread in General with someone experiencing similar issues .. here:
    http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=1892

Just wanted to make sure people were aware there was already one thread going on this ...

Anyway, here's the summary thus far:
    I'm still getting that "failed preparing data" message. Have reimaged (twice), set my swap file to 500Mb, and it gets about 6% through then kicks the bucket every time. Have made multiple attempts at it (by running the ClearAndDelete.tcl script in /hack/bin/) and rerunning the Guided Setup.

For a little while it was failing to make a connection at all to ORAC, but then started working again. Even when it does connect though, it still fails the Importing step.

For reference, I'm on a Phillips TiVo, Seagate 250Gb, 1.5 NZTiVo image, using postcode=02113 (for Sky Digital) and area code 002.

Any ideas? Here's hoping someone can help ... my wife's getting naggy on it! ;-)

Cheers and thanks in advance,

Mark

OH ... and it's the latest (Dec) image I'm using too.

It appears to me that this problem is occurring only when a sat or dual input setup attempted as I can succeed if I use only a single input tuner setup. Therefore my suspicion relating to the downloaded data not the individual Tivos.

Will PM DJC and see if he can shed any light on this.

edit:
    Anyone know of another way to contact DJC as his PM quota is full
    Last edited by Islander; 26-08-2008 at 04:47 PM.

I'll let DJC know.

He may be away.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Dumb question - is it possible to complete the Guided Setup using one of the other options then change the settings after completion? Sorry - bit of a newbie question I know. If so, what would I need to change?

I'm guessing "no" right .. as the EPG data would be different depending on what the chosen option was?

Cheers

Mark

The reason for the different postcodes in NZ is so that the frequencies that each station broadcast on are different in each area. So yes you could use a different postcode to finish GS, but you may not get any reception.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Wasn't thinking of a different postcode actually - was thinking of choosing another option other than Cable or Cable and Satellite etc .. as per Islander's post earlier that it appeared to work if he chose the tuner option.

Just curious to see if that would get me past the failure (which happens during the import) and is something I could change later?

Anyway, not to worry - DJC sent me a PM, and he's looking into the problem. Have PM'd him my serial number and he's checking the logs.

Cheers (and thanks!)

Mark
    Philips TiVo Series 1, Turbonet, 1 x 250GB, NZ Emulator - Satellite (Sky Digital)

DJC has been away, but should help get you going now.

You may need to choose a different source as you have suggested.