Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Guide data - help

Quote Originally Posted by petestrash View Post
    Because Vito uses a MAC, for option 1 he would also need a USB-Serial convertor as MAC's dont have serial ports for the null modem cable to plug into.
    Ah yes I remember we touched on this before. It works from a PC, but not ever touched a Mac I can't say although I see no reason why not.
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Hi,

I just got back from a mates place and ran the TiVo boot CD and reset the IP address. Everything is back together again, I just had a quick question, how do I clear the tclient log? I'm not sure if this is it: echo > 0 /var/log/tclient ?

I've run through the guided setup again, and this time its worked so I guess the problems been fixed but I would like to check the debug from emuProxyZA just to make sure it wasn't a fluke that it worked.

Also, I have noticed that my channels are still out of order, any idea's on the next step?

Thanks guys,

Vito

I thought it was working... I was wrong. I tried to force a daily call, the system is hanging. The first time, the status got to 18% downloaded then froze for about an hour before reboot then the second time, its on status: Preparing data and its been like that for about an hour as well.

I have a feeling my TiVo doesn't like me.

You have a Turbonet (or clone) type card, yes? If so then try modifying the timing=3 setting in oztivo.conf (this is in the /etc directory)to timing=16 and reboot. It is known that some TiVo's and Turbonet based cards have an issue of locking up the system with a network cable plugged in and that altering the timing to 16 (failsafe) fixes it.

Peter: Before you say to simply use nic_config_tivo to alter the timing I need to verify something as I believe it is broken because I tried this last night on a TiVo and it would not shift from a timing=3. update: yes it is confirmed that at least trying to run nic_config_tivo on a set up TiVo does not alter the timing setting. Not tried yet from the CD installer.
    Last edited by Darren King; 23-01-2007 at 09:06 PM.
    Darren King

I've just done what you both have said, the force daily call is working but it took just a little over 4 hours... should it take so long?

I worked out how to clear the logs then proceeded to force a new daily call, it took only a few minutes and it didn't seem to download any data. hope the logs can show something.

Peter, do you have any knowledge of the channel organisation? my channels are listed all over the place, refer to post http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=1366

Thanks

Vito
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Darren King View Post
    Peter: Before you say to simply use nic_config_tivo to alter the timing I need to verify something as I believe it is broken because I tried this last night on a TiVo and it would not shift from a timing=3. update: yes it is confirmed that at least trying to run nic_config_tivo on a set up TiVo does not alter the timing setting. Not tried yet from the CD installer.
    Before I go checking the code, can you confirm you are seeing this after running update_oztivo -y. There have been changes to nic_config_tivo since the iso was released.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by vmancini View Post
    Peter, do you have any knowledge of the channel organisation? my channels are listed all over the place, refer to post http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=1366
    I'll deal with that in the original thread.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by vmancini View Post
    I've just done what you both have said, the force daily call is working but it took just a little over 4 hours... should it take so long?

I worked out how to clear the logs then proceeded to force a new daily call, it took only a few minutes and it didn't seem to download any data. hope the logs can show something.
    Because you now have a successful daily call, tclient is rotated. So to see why it took so long I would need to see otclient.log. This assumes you have not had another daily call since then.

Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by petestrash View Post
    Before I go checking the code, can you confirm you are seeing this after running update_oztivo -y. There have been changes to nic_config_tivo since the iso was released.
    Hi Peter. Not sure but I'll check tonight. It is a TiVo I am working on at present which I just got in that is suffering from lockup that I suspect is a Turbonet timing issue and I stumbled across the bug this way.
    Darren King

Ok, i've given update_oztivo -y a go, it took about 20 seconds and the output has been attached. Also, I've got a copy of Otclient attached... I couldn't find where the copy is stored on the TiVo so I saved the output from TivoWebPlus.

Thanks again, I really appreciate your help.

Vito
    Attached Files Attached Files