Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: channel organisation

Thumbs up

Thanks Darren,

No need, unless you want to have a play yourself. (2 sources,02000,002,Austar Dig,Murrumbidgee FTA,any stb for austar)

I have given it a try tonight and get the same results as Vito.

The problem is not really a big deal as it only effects the TiVo overlay guide when using the 'liveTv/Guide' button on the remote. the channel up/down function is not affected, nor is TiVO sending IR to the 'missing channels' for recordings.

I have found cause of the problem to be duplicate channels in the headend . Previously I was looking for the missing channels, but this was a red herring .

I have an interim solution for you Vito, until I fix the headends sometime next week.

Go into Channels you recieve and de-select both 0 - NoNag channels, de-select either of the 126 - ABC2 channels, and de-delect either of the 182 - ACC channels. Also de-select any channels (Austar or FTA) that you don't recieve. Then press right arrow to store the settings. This will fix your problems .

As far as your Uncles TiVo is concerned, he either has already de-selected these channels or hasn't noticed the problem in the on screen guide.

As a rule most people with a TiVo never watch live TV, as they always have something pre-recorded to watch . so they never scroll through the channels as you were doing.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. Can't believe its all sorted out! I can get onto the more important things in life such as setting all lost episodes to be recorded. :-)

Thanks again Peter and Darren for all your assistance.

Vito

I was wondering why I had 2 ABCs and ACCs. I have never bothered with the new channels and I don't surf up or down, just use the "live TV" guide. But I was wondering why I never got sci-fi in my channel list, but if I stick in a 132 on the remote I get it.

So if I wait a week or so will it fix it's self up? And will tivo give me a message that it has new channels?

As a side bar. KnoppMythTV latest release R5E50 worked for me with only a little pain. After 12 months of fighting with it, from R7B, I now have a working system to store all my converted .ty files from the tivo yipee!!!
    Myth is not for the faint-hearted. TiVO took me all of 3 hours to get working, and that is with the audio mods. Compared with 12 months of the wife grumpling about the "other stupid PC" next to TV.

yes, you should get a lineup change soon, which will remove the extra channels. You will then see Sci-Fi in the 'live TV' guide.

The lineups are now owned by Ross, on the server so I cannot directly change them. But I have asked him to make the changes.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Thanks Peter. No rush, I didn't even know I was missing them till I read this thread