Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ANNOUNCE: OzTiVo startup animation fixed.

G,day Pete

Its been a while

My UK tivo with Phillips 1.4 is working a treat since you helped me fix the the image issuse

I have managed to redirect tivo to the new site and it is working spot on.I used method E...you guyes have done a great job.. many thanks

So i thought i would have a go at repairing the start up animation.. nothing to loose as my tivo is due an upgrade to 1.6 soon

I understand the telnet part but cannot workout how to.. FTP PetesTrash.zip to /var/hack on your TiVo..

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks Jon

FTP is File Transfer Protocol, it is used to move files between two computers.

You will need an FTP program on your PC, I use FileZilla but there are plenty of others.

I suggest you do an internet search to learn more about FTP, as it is really useful.

But I'm about to change the instructions so it's even easier, and you won't need FTP.

Check back later today.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

3. Hi Pete
    Thanks for the instructions to fix the animation - I thought I'd try to enable this, as my kids get all excited when they see the startup animation - cute!

However I get into Putty/Telnet and the # prompt. When I execute your wget command as follows...

wget http://www.oztivo.net/oztivofiles/images/PetesTrash.zip

I get the error as follows....

Resolving www.oztivo.net... wget: error in loading shared libraries
    : undefined symbol: gethostbyname

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Tony

Hi Tony,

Could you please update your profile so we know where you are from (makes support easier for us).

Is this a new install or one that has been used for a while, and are you using an Australian/New Zealand/Netherlands/South Africian image, and if you know what is the version number?

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!