Thread: how to telnet into my Tivo and copy in programming guide data

Explain this to us Noobs?

Greetings I was wondering if I could get it explained how to telnet into my Tivo and copy in programming guide data. I don't know linux language at all. Plus since I got my Tivo here I have just formated the disk image and I'm not sure how to hack into the Tivo other then removing the hard drive. Is there someway to get a guide that explains what you guys are talking about?
    Cheers

I have moved your post as it didn't really belong in a sticky.

Where are you located? (could you please fill in at least your State and Country using the Users control panel)

If your in Australia or NZ the guide data can be automatically loaded. Just tell us where you are and we can point you in the right direction.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Hey Pete Sorry about that. Yes my guide can be automatically downloaded into the Tivo I have it connected to my Wifi network. The problem is now I'm getting some Foxtel channels that have no program guide data at all when they did once before, even though I know the channel number is correct on the Tivo. And I can access the guide data on WebTivo but somehow its not getting into the Tivo. How can this be?
    I live in Melbourne. I have a HDR212 with a turbo cache card and 512 of Ram. Everything had been working perfectly until recently and the usual hard and soft reboots followed by a forced phone call doesn't seem to change anything.

Thanks for your help
    Cheers
    Paul

This is a known current issue and we believe was casued by a bad slice. You are not alone. The problem should clear in a few days, at stage no fix has been found.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!