Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: convert mpeg

Quote Originally Posted by buzzboy View Post
    I have used mfs_ftp to try upload the files that have been converted using the Videora TiVoConverter but mfs_ftp will not let me upload them for some reason.
    Can you be a little more specific?. Does the file upload but the TiVo borks on it or does mfs_ftp not upload at all. Is there any error msg in the ftp log etc. I use mfs_ftp a lot to transfer shows between TiVo's. So if it's an mfs_ftp issue I can hopefully help.

Quote Originally Posted by buzzboy View Post
    I believe that Videora TiVoConverter is to be used with a TiVo 2 and creates mpegs that are compatible with TiVo 2
    From what I understand it only supports tivo2go which can only used on S2 tivo software. It doesn't make a .ty file only an mpg that S2 TiVo's can read.

Though confirming this is difficult because the developers have no instructions and don't respond to their support forums.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

The reason that mfs_ftp wont upload the converted files is due to the files not being compatible with the TiVo, the TiVo is rejecting them.