Couple of quick questions :

1. just wondering if u can use the tivo to watch tv and then when u want to record something u just click record !! a bit like using your vcr ? Also do they have a RCA input, so u can record off DVD's or video cameras for example

2. what is the quality of recording like, is it VHS, VCD or DVD quality ?

3. if i can do option one, when i'm in the USA next week (picking up my unit from there) where can i download the image file for the USA ? as the unit I'm buying is a unit that doesn't have the HDD, so i was going to load the image file onto the HDD here before i leave, so i can just plug it in when i get there and have a play in the hotel room, also record some shows that we don't get here !! any thoughts on this, is it possible ?

4. does anyone know where i can pick a cheap ethernet card for my tivo over the internet (besides ebay), have tried the 9thtee one.. any others ?

5. when i get the unit back home, i can hook it up to my old analog foxtel box can't I ? how does it record programs off this ? does it control it via infared ? and record it though the rca input ?

thanks guys...