Thread: Cachecard problems...

Unhappy Cachecard problems...

Hi,

I'm trying to get a second Tivo going - and are having problems with getting the cachecard working. Have reimaged using the latest 1.5 NZ image, and selected cachecard as the network interface, but on startup I don't see any sign of cachecard drivers loading and don't get a link LED or CACHE LED - is it normal with the new image not to see the SiliconDust driver loading?

I've tried removing the RAM - with no difference. Starting to think I have a hardware problem with the card... would the LINK LED come on if the correct driver is not loaded ?

I might try the 'old' image and see if there are any differences...

Any help would be appreciated...

I just loaded a v1.5 image this evening on a cachecard machine. Without ram it displays some error on the silicon dust screen, but works fine. With ram the percentage bar comes up, loads and works fine. The image I used was downloaded from orac tonight, it was the philips one.

Not much help, I know, but at least a benchmark for you.
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work

Thanks DJC,

Does make me think it is possibly a imaging / config problem - even if it couldn't find the cachecard, I'd still expect the SiliconDust driver screen to load...

Will keep trying...re-image / re-configure ... before re-place!

Quote Originally Posted by UncleArthur View Post
    Thanks DJC,

even if it couldn't find the cachecard, I'd still expect the SiliconDust driver screen to load...
    Correct. Even with no card attached you should still see a SiliconDust screen.
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Thanks for your help - all going now - seemed that it was an imaging problem, looks like the drive I was using is somehow faulty. Tried a different drive and voila... might try a low level format ...

FYI - the cachecard LED's operate as follows...

Top LED (GREEN) = Power - should be on all the time
    Middle LED (GREEN) = Link - will only come on soon AFTER SiliconDust driver loads, with valid network connection
    Bottom LED (RED) = Cache - will be on solid while SiliconDust driver loads and then flashes during normal operation when cache is written to...

I also managed to install a PAL tuner and its looking good - FTA channels all OK - just can't seem to get Prime for some reason (have tried 783.250 Mhz - as I'm in Wellington & receive direct from Kaukau...)

Thanks again...

Quote Originally Posted by UncleArthur
    I also managed to install a PAL tuner and its looking good - FTA channels all OK - just can't seem to get Prime for some reason (have tried 783.250 Mhz - as I'm in Wellington & receive direct from Kaukau...)
    Thanks again...
    783.250, is channel 60 right? which is the channel listed in the wellington FTA headend.
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work