Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UKTV / PRIME swap

Does the 'current' NZ image automatically set up from port 8000?

Sure does.
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work

Aaaah - and here I thought I was the only one.
    Similar issue, running on port 80 and no channel change picked up, despite two manual calls.
    What's worse, I've forgotten all the commands!!! My TIVO has been running without so much as a blink for over 6 months, I guess another thanks is due to the guys behind the scenes who make it all work.
    It's time to install that 240G hard drive that's been living in my computer for 3 months...

An interesting observation ->
    While I was writing the last post I changed to the 8000 port and initiated a call - not remembering that 1.4 image can't use the guide data on the 8000 port . It failed loading the data (which made me remember), so I changed back to the 80 port and made another call - voila, message appeared with channel line up change announcement and new channel data reported as per new line-up!
    Now, this may be co-incidental, but maybe worth a try for everyone else having a problem.

Hard disk upgrade might have to wait...

The explanation here is that the legacy headend is the same postcode but its version number is in the 40's. The current headend on 8000 has had much more work, its version is in the 80's.

Those who flicked into the current emulator may well have got their headend updated, but the load fails at the IR slice unless you have setup on port 8000.

However, when you go back to 80, any updates made to the legacy headend will never be seen since the version number is much lower.

The official position remains the same, pick a suitable time and re-GS/re-image off port 8000. Its the supported configuration for the future.
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite

Thanks for the explanation DJC, will do on the next rainy weekend.

Really???

Did I just catch a statement in there saying I can't change to port 8000 with the 1.4 image, but to fix the Prime/UK-TV issue I need to re-image to 1.5??

Please, please tell me this isn't so.

After all the issues I had back a few months ago with failed guide data on mine and my in-laws TiVo we had finally been enjoying a few months of reliabilty and blissful TiVo operation and now I it appears that I need to blow away the many hours of programs and movies (so many that the TiVo is automatically deleting its own selections to make room for my season passes etc - and it's a 200Gb Hdd) I haven't watched yet, so I can fix this channel issue.

Please tell me there is another way????

This would affect 5 TiVo's in my "circle".
    Series 1 Philips HDR312
    Version 1.6.2 Emulator Image
    200Gb Western Digital HDD
    Turbonet
    Slices: Sky Digital

Not sure what you are talking about really. You need to understand the situation with headends and choose your course appropriately. Alternatively you can create your own headends which fix any issues you may have and create whatever lavel of stability you require.

The Prime/UK swap has been done on all emulators, including the legacy.
    Last edited by DJC; 07-09-2006 at 07:15 PM.

Basically the way I read that is that if I change to port 8000 and I have image 1.4 (which I do) then I will get a "failed while preparing data" message.
    And to re-image to 1.5 would require me to lose all current data on the hard disk (which I have a lot). I know I can back up season passes etc but to backup the video would take me weeks.

Or am I confused (hopefully I am )?
    Series 1 Philips HDR312
    Version 1.6.2 Emulator Image
    200Gb Western Digital HDD
    Turbonet
    Slices: Sky Digital

Frankly, the image is irrelevant.

If you GS'ed initially from port 80 you are in a legacy config. If you change to 8000 you will get failed to load data (IR slice issue).

Only those units that setup of 8000 can successful make a daily call from 8000. In order to change from 80 to 8000 you need to either C&DE or you could just elect to move to 1.5 re-image.
    Last edited by DJC; 08-09-2006 at 07:55 PM.