Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UKTV / PRIME swap

Can someone clarify... if I re-run guided setup to fix the Prime / UK issue, which I am suffering, then I will lose all my recorded programming?

So I should just do a "clear and delete" from the TiVo preferences menu (which should only delete guide data and season passes), then change to port 8000, do a forced download and then I'll be all sorted???

Therefore not actually deleting the actual video data and still using 1.4?

Or I am getting totally confused here still??
    Series 1 Philips HDR312
    Version 1.6.2 Emulator Image
    200Gb Western Digital HDD
    Turbonet
    Slices: Sky Digital

A further question - if (as a port 80 user) I do a Clear & Delete, and connect to port 8000 - can I then restore my backed up wish lists and season passes?

If so, will have have any specific issues with SP/WL's on UKTV and Prime?

Cheers
    Neil
    US Philips HDR212 Series 1 Tivo, Cachecard with 512MB RAM, 320GB hard disk, OzTivo Image 1.6.2-20061109. Tivo rocks!
    New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by Muzza View Post
    So I should just do a "clear and delete" from the TiVo preferences menu (which should only delete guide data and season passes), then change to port 8000, do a forced download and then I'll be all sorted???

Therefore not actually deleting the actual video data and still using 1.4?

Or I am getting totally confused here still??
    I can confirm that doing a Clear & Delete will NOT remove any recorded programs - only guide data, season passes and wishlists - consequently, nothing will be recorded afterwards until you re-setup some SP's & WL's - or (and note my question above) restore a backup (?) of the season passes etc (See the Backup tab of Tivoweb).
    Last edited by MrGadget; 08-09-2006 at 01:27 PM.
    US Philips HDR212 Series 1 Tivo, Cachecard with 512MB RAM, 320GB hard disk, OzTivo Image 1.6.2-20061109. Tivo rocks!
    New Zealand

So that's all I need to do to fix the channels though?
    No re-image?
    Last edited by Muzza; 08-09-2006 at 04:32 PM.
    Series 1 Philips HDR312
    Turbonet

A few weeks ago I volunteered to guinea pig test the move from port 80 to port 8000. I was also asked to document the process. This is the result:

http://www.nztivo.net/index.php/Emulator_Migration
    Meat, beer, ... what more could a kid ask for? Of course... a TiVo! What were my parents thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by SeanOffShotgun View Post
    A few weeks ago I volunteered to guinea pig test the move from port 80 to port 8000. I was also asked to document the process. This is the result:

http://www.nztivo.net/index.php/Emulator_Migration
    Thanks Sean - after reading that all I can say is : Bugger - Looks like I'll just be putting up with Prime and UKTV being on the wrong channel (I guess I'll just have to do a manual record if I want to keep getting "Letterman" )

As I have obviously nearly reached my limit on my 200Gb drive installed I don't really think FTP'ing the Now Playing lineup from my TiVo is an option - firstly due to how long it will take and secondly due to the lack of spare hard disk space on my other pcs to put it onto to.

I think this will end up being the case for most of us here in Hams.
    Damm on Sky for changing stuff when everything had been going so well!!!!!
    Series 1 Philips HDR312
    Turbonet

Hmmmm....

The most bizzare thing has now occured - turned the TV on at 4pm and browsed through the channels and Prime and UKTV are now in the right place. Checked TiVoweb and it did a guide data call at 2:30pm. Obviously this download has corrected it - HOORAY - No lost video!!!

However......for some reason the logos are now all messed up - tried doing a re-association but if I get all the channels correct then the now playing ones are incorrect or vice-versa. The logos don't match up between "channel" & "now playing".

Does anyone know what has happened there?
    Series 1 Philips HDR312
    Turbonet

Sounds to me like you should be thanking those volunteers working behind the scenes. You've just been saved an immediate re-image to come in line or at least an ongoing workaround.

However, the recommendation is still to pick a time and move to 8000. I think we can expect more frequent headend changes over the coming year with D1 and digital on its way.

The manual legacy headend system is at best hit and miss, as you have found out. No guarantees at all. As for logos, simply put, the legacy system doesn't support them... never has, logos are only setup correctly on the current system. My recollection is when your tivo updates itself, you loose all logo associations (cartoon network for all I recall)

The current system on 8000 has automatically generated headends, those of us on the current emulator never saw a problem - the recent providers changes went through smoothly on the day, no logo issues, things have been stable since inception (Feb '06).
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work

Thanks for fixing that - very appreciated!

The logos thing is weird as they have always worked fine for the 5 of us Waikato users I know about previously but they don't stop the functionality of the TiVo so I don't really care. We will try and make our way through all the shows stored on the TiVo (need a few rainy weekends) and then I'll re-image to 1.5 and change ports.

Cheers again.
    Muzza.
    Series 1 Philips HDR312
    Turbonet