Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thanks to the authors of OzTivo iso

Same here - got my 1st tivo on tuesday - working fully that night after work.
    sweet as.

Very well done to all the people who make oztivo possible!!! THANK YOU ALL.

Thank You Thank You Thank You

Thanks to everyone who got this going for us!

Thanks to everyone who keeps it going!

its not that im lazy, its that i just dont care

Smile Thx all

I've never used linux or unix in general and still manage to get my Tivo up in a few hours. And it is awsome, much better than the DVRs I had been looking at buying. Thanks to all concerned at Oztivo.

Francis

Thanks

Just wanted to express my sincere thanks too! My wife wants especially to thank you guys, she wouldnt know what to do if the TiVo wasnt working!!

Thanks
    Raff

PS why do I suspect that a woman or two were involved in the development of TiVo?

Quote Originally Posted by Raff
    PS why do I suspect that a woman or two were involved in the development of TiVo?
    Nah, not possible. There's no 'record all soap operas and talk shows' button on the remote.

Sincere Thanks to all involved.

I to would like to add my thanks to all involved in OzTiVo I got mine from the USA via EBAY on Friday and had it working by the next day what I don’t understand is why it hasn’t taken off on mass it is such a useful product and so easy to use. I have decided to get a CacheCard and I am considering having the tuner converted to Australian (using a digital DGTEC 2000A on the front end).

Quote Originally Posted by andrew
    I just wanted to say a HUGE thankyou to all the team where have brought the OzTiVo to where it is today. A mate and I got two TiVo's up and running from nothing in about two hours last night thanks to the awsome work and instructions you folks have done.

I can not believe how easy it was!

Thankyou thankyou thankyou.
    DITO from me it was SO easy to setup... all worked as stated in the instructions
    THANKS
    TiVo Series one unit 200Gb Seagate HDD, Turbonet, FTA Samsung STB
    XBOX V1.6 200GB Seagate HDD, Running XBMC

Quote Originally Posted by andrew
    I just wanted to say a HUGE thankyou to all the team where have brought the OzTiVo to where it is today. A mate and I got two TiVo's up and running from nothing in about two hours last night thanks to the awsome work and instructions you folks have done.

I can not believe how easy it was!

Thankyou thankyou thankyou.
    One of the best things I have paid for (apart from my divorce lawyers bill)
    Glad to have stumbled across the TiVo, and the great work done by OzTiVo to maintain the system.
    TiVo Series 1 (Phillips) - 500Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, Foxtel Digital Cable
    TiVo Series 1 (Sony) - 250Gb, Turbonet Card, HAILO 8000 HD STB

Just like to add to the thanks, it is a life-changing technology and one that will surely become more widespread soon. Although I didn't find it that easy to setup that was all due to my lack of tech know-how.

My main issue was that I was taking baby steps so tried to get the serial cable going before buying a turbonet card. First, while I was opening my serial/usb adapter (I was using a laptop) I sliced my finger trying to get through that tough plastic. (Ended up with 5 stitches but they were worth it for the Tivo). Next when I updated mdmhayes.inf I placed a copy in the same directory. Took me a couple of frustrating days to work out that Windows was still pointing to the old copy not the new file. (A sign of this happening is if you don't get the warning about not passing Windows testing when installing the modem. Should I update the Wiki with a note to reflect this for future users?)

I overcame all of these issues, eventually got a turbonet card and a second input, it's working great and I'm back in the wife's good books (I think she was sceptical of the project at first). I would never have got close without your help. Also a big thanks to Darren for doing the hardware changes, he provides an extremely useful and prompt service.

Only remaining issue is that the ACT headend does not seem to be downloading foxtel data (http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=1468&page=2). Currently, working around this by manually uploading and I'm sure I'll fix it soon. Also, despite my tech naivety I'm keen to help out. Would helping to update tv guide be the best way I could?

Thanks heaps,

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MattCanavan View Post
    Only remaining issue is that the ACT headend does not seem to be downloading foxtel data (http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=1468&page=2). Currently, working around this by manually uploading and I'm sure I'll fix it soon.
    Keep an eye on that thread, we are working around the problem and now know what the cause is.

Should be fixed soon.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!