Thread: connectivity issues - again.........

connectivity issues - again.........

My tivo is connected by a D-link wireless bridge G-810.
    The other day I turned off my house power to do something and when I turned it on and went later to tivoweb I was unable to connect. I have been running it for the last 6 months without issue.
    Subsequent to this I have successfully connected into the tivo when connected wired through the router (not wirelessly).
    I have also tested the bridge (twice) on a notebook computer without issues.
    I have checked the config on the bridge (withough issues) and also the tivo.
    I have changed the nic settings to "failsafe" without effect.

Strangely, though, when I first reconnected earlier this evening (after reseating the card) the tivo did download the guide data. Subsequent attempts to connect have failed (wireless efforts) but I can still take it over to my router and connect directly without problem.

I am a little stumped as to what to try next. Any thoughts appreciated. Although my wireless bridge worked with no hiccups on the notebook PC I continue to harbour a sneaking suspicion that its screwing with me.
    Justin

TivoHD w/1tb "update"
    TiVo SVR2000 unit w/200Gb Seagate, Turbonetcard & Dlink-810 wireless bridge, FTA Strong STB. Latest image 1.6.###

Ok. I take it from the deathly silence that no one is any more the wiser than myself.

So, if my hunch regarding the wireless bridge is correct, does anyone have a suggestion as to what is a rock solid bridge to replace it with?

I have been thinking about getting a WRT54GL (already have a WRT54G as my main router using linksys firmware) and flashing it with DD-wrt so that I can make the router operate in client mode and become a fancy wireless bridge. Has anyone done this?
    Justin

TivoHD w/1tb "update"
    TiVo SVR2000 unit w/200Gb Seagate, Turbonetcard & Dlink-810 wireless bridge, FTA Strong STB. Latest image 1.6.###

Wireless Bridge

Hi.
    I use Dynalink 810+ wireless bridges (x2). I find that the price point is pretty good, and they work nicely with my Dynalink router.
    They aren't the fastest (802.11b), but for my uses (Tivo) they are just fine.

When I did some investigation about 6 months ago, I could only find 3 or 4 bridges that people had said DEFINITELY worked with the Tivo. I'm sure there's more, but I didn't want to buy something only to find it didn't work...

Cheers,

Doz

could the 810 be Dynalink's old model as I cannot find it on their website or listed through staticICE?
    Justin

TivoHD w/1tb "update"

Hi,

Yes they are an old model. I think they were released around 2 years ago - hence the good pricepoint.
    As I mentioned, they aren't too fast, but the Tivo throttles the network bandwidth it uses anyway, so it's not much of a problem (I have 2 Tivos and copy programs between them).

I got the bridges from http://www.ascent.co.nz/ - just do a search for "810+".
    They are listed as being out of stock, but they can get them in with a waiting period of around 3 weeks.

I'm sure there must be somewhere in Aus that can get hold of them for you...

Doz