Thread: Can Triangle Television be included in guide data?

Can Triangle Television be included in guide data?

Unsure of the logistics with including a rogue station in the sky data for the emulator but support for the battlers at Triangle would be great for FTA users and I am sure Sky users can remove it from their favourites.

Adding it to the emulator wouldn't be horrendously difficult, but it would only be a channel in the lineup, no guide data(Jaidev and Tim will have to address guide data supply). But without a PAL modified box, how would one tune it? If it's not on Sky, then you can't control it via the Sky box.

Anyway, never heard of it, is it an Auckland only channel?

I suppose it would be best if doing this to create an FTA lineup for the emulator. Given that it took me about 5 mos to do that for Saturn, well, it probably won't happen quickly... Then again, I've somewhat streamlined the process so maybe it could happen faster. Any idea what the numbers are for FTA-only types out there? In other words, is it worth the trouble? Or should FTA types just stick with the manual configure mode...

Hi Ed, yes it's Auckland only. www.tritv.co.nz Community TV that is shunned by the mainstream providers and alot of printed program guides. They do have some good programming and I often manually record to TiVo. I dont think a FTA emulator only is justified at all as I am an FTA user using a video player as a STB and am more than happy with the Sky only channels unchecked on favourites/watched channels.
    Likewise Triangle TV could be unchecked from Sky only users favourites/watched channels. Just a thought in passing if it was easy to do.

I have no idea how many tight **** FTA guys there are out here like me, I'm pickin not many, but I am never short of something to watch with 1,2,3,C4,Maori,Prime and Juice. Its amazing how my TV watching time has been reduced with the omission of the ads.

Thanks for your work with the emulator my TiVo never misses a beat once I decided to not attempt to use an on board FTA tuner and stick with a STB (video player as tuner) type setup.

Unfortunately Tri TV guide data is not available the way I obtain guide data, the demand also doesn't warrant the effort required to include it. However It will possibly be available in the community database once it is running.

Quote Originally Posted by jaidev
    Unfortunately Tri TV guide data is not available the way I obtain guide data, the demand also doesn't warrant the effort required to include it. However It will possibly be available in the community database once it is running.
    I'd suggest that if finetune wants TriTv listings, that he contacts TriTV directly and ask them (nicely) for a reliable ongoing XML feed of their listings.

If they are interested in doing this then I'm sure Tim & Jaidev can find room for it in the program guide data.

I'm picking though that maybe 6 people on this forum will actually be able to use these listings though....

I see that Triangle TV is to start a service in Wellington.

Is there anyone else interested in FTA Triangle.

Quote Originally Posted by number6
    I'd suggest that if finetune wants TriTv listings, that he contacts TriTV directly and ask them (nicely) for a reliable ongoing XML feed of their listings.

If they are interested in doing this then I'm sure Tim & Jaidev can find room for it in the program guide data.

I'm picking though that maybe 6 people on this forum will actually be able to use these listings though....
    I was going to suggest this too. I use a Philps VCR as STB, and have recently changed all the channel configs so that I can get Triangle and the others. So, I'd be keen to guide info.

Of all the stations likely to supply an XML feed, I would hope that tritv would be most likely.

Triangle TV

Hi there,
    I'm the Programme Director for Triangle Television. There is a fortnightly schedule online on our website here: http://www.tritv.co.nz/fortnightly-schedule.htm
    I hope that is of use.

Kind regards,

Hans Versluys
    Director of Programming, Triangle Television
    http://www.tritv.co.nz
    hans@tritv.co.nz
    Ph 09 376 5030, fax 09 376 5049
    PO Box 78-034, Grey Lynn, Auckland, New Zealand

Hans an XML feed is the ticket for the community guide data. In terms of regional television, check out Dunedin's Channel 9, they are on to it, and their data is in nztivo the system.
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work

I see that Triangle program info is now available.

Many thanks to all involved.