Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Image suitable for UK TiVo

if you follow these instructions on the nz wiki, it should sort out the time issue.
    http://www.nztivo.net/index.php/Post_Setup#Keeping_Time
    TiVo Series 1 Thompson PVR10UK Unit, Dual 250Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, NZ Emulator Port 8000
    TiVo Series 1 Sony SVR2000 unit, Dual 300Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, Philips FTA Tuner, NZ Emulator Port 80
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, Dual 160Gb, Turbonet, FTA Tuner, Private Emulator
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Dev Emulator, Development Unit...
    DTiVo Series 1 Philips DSR6000 unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Work in progress...

Angry

Hi - I have tried the time mod (followed to the letter) - below is the ouput from Hyperterminal following the execution of "fixtivotime":-

[TiVo [p0] ~]# cd /hack/zoneinfo/Pacific
    [TiVo [p0] /hack/zoneinfo/Pacific]# fixtivotime
    Our postcode is 02113. Found matching timezone Pacific/Auckland
    Offset 43200 for timezone NZST, daylight saving is 0
    Connecting to time server 207.126.98.204
    t was 3364625496 from server
    t is now 1155679896
    Time is 2006-08-15 22:11:36
    Time set to: Tue Aug 15 22:11:36 2006
    Have a nice day.
    Time set to: Tue Aug 15 22:11:36 2006
    Have a nice day.
    [TiVo [p0] /hack/zoneinfo/Pacific]#

Unless I am missing something it all looks tickety boo to me. So why is my TiVo still exactly 1 hour fast as reported in the system information screen (23:11) ?

I don't want to manually change the time - I want it to update as it should. How can I sort this ?

Please help!

I am fairly sure there are multiple clocks running in a tivo and they all have to get in sync.

From somewhere else I have in my notes: if you see that the current time is wrong (type DATE at a bash prompt to check or simply look at the top of screen channel banner when you change channels) then go into TiVoWEB, force a daily call and then after you see the "Succeeded" message reboot the TiVo. Check that the time is now correct.

Or, when you get a warped clock, you had the option of:

[TiVo [p0] ~]# touch /var/timestamp
    ?[TiVo [p0] ~]# /hack/bin/force_index.tcl

Which I assumed aligned the clocks and re-indexed the database. Also worth a try. If you use force_index.tcl, its non-destructive but will take 30 mins to have any effect. Might work again here.

Or, try /bin/ntpdate -v -v -v -s 210.48.107.133

Some or none of these might work, and have worked for me in the past.
    Slices: Sky Digital, Auckland, XTRA Broadband

ok that's strange, never seen that before. That's should have fixed it, so the gui clock and guide data are 1hr out? i.e. ahead?
    Hmm not sure why tivoapp is reporting and hr out..

It's possible that since the timezone was out, and your tivo was reporting no matching timezone for the postcode it could have messed with the guide data load.

Any ideas Thompson?

I guess a clear and delete all, and repeat of Guided setup will fix it.. Since now your network and timezone/postcode files are setup as they should be, shouldn't take long..
    TiVo Series 1 Thompson PVR10UK Unit, Dual 250Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, NZ Emulator Port 8000
    TiVo Series 1 Sony SVR2000 unit, Dual 300Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, Philips FTA Tuner, NZ Emulator Port 80

Quote Originally Posted by auren
    So why is my TiVo still exactly 1 hour fast as reported in the system information screen (23:11) ?

I don't want to manually change the time - I want it to update as it should. How can I sort this ?
    Hehe... what would you do without me I think your problem may be the TiVo's TimeZone and DaylightSavingsPolicy settings. You can view the setting of these by browsing http://tivo-ip-address/mfs/Setup. They should both be 0 (zero). If they are not then you may wish to run the following:
    Code:
    dbsetx /Setup TimeZone 0
    dbsetx /Setup DaylightSavingsPolicy 0

All - thanks for the replies.

Dave - I am in the middle of trying your suggestions. So far "Date" at the bash prompt gives the correct date and time (see below), though rebooting after a successful daily call didn't change anything.

I have tried the timestamp and force_index commands and am just waiting the 30 minutes or so you suggest before checking again.

I have copied the telnet response to the "Date" and "/bin/ntpdate -v -v -v -s 210.48.107.133" commands you suggested below:

[TiVo [p1] ~]# date
    Tue Aug 15 23:26:16 localtime 2006
    [TiVo [p1] ~]# /bin/ntpdate -v -v -v -s 210.48.107.133
    [TiVo [p1] ~]# Time set to: Tue Aug 15 23:26:39 2006
    Have a nice day

mmmmmm!

Also noticed that the time of the guide telephone calls IS correct, it's just the time in the channel banner/system info screen that is 1 hour fast.

Jaidev - Thanks for checking up on me again... Yes it's one hour fast - not sure why. Like Thomson I thought it may be DS or Timezone setting but had no idea how to change it. I will probably try a "delete all" restart if nothing else works first.

Thomson - Thanks for your post. Unfortunatley, unless I misunderstood your suggestion (I used Tivo Web to browse to MFS / setup), there are no TimeZone or DaylightSavings entries in the setp file...at all

If I am being silly, and have not "browsed" as you intended please let me know, otherwise.........what now ?

I hope there is enough evidence in this post for the better minds amongst you....left mine behind weeks ago!!

Thomson - Thanks for your post. Unfortunatley, unless I misunderstood your suggestion (I used Tivo Web to browse to MFS / setup), there are no TimeZone or DaylightSavings entries in the setp file...at all
    If you are running the v2.5.5 software (ie if your TiVo onscreen menus are blue) then it's safe enough to just run those two dbsetx commands, and all your time issues are likely to go away

You will need to run both the commands that Thomson suggested in your Telnet session..
    dbsetx /Setup TimeZone 0
    dbsetx /Setup DaylightSavingsPolicy 0

Thanks Thomson for reminding me..

......and they just have!! Time is now correct. Thanks Thomson - help much appreciated. Your confident post had me hoping (particularly as we are running the same machine and s/w ver.) and I was obviously just bashing away with your commands in a Telnet session, as your were replying to my last post.

Being paranoid I have even re-checked the Setup file and the two new settings are now there.

Excellent - well done to all.

Off to bed now, although I will force yet another GS call to see if the clock carries on behaving itself.

Any problems I will report back, but otherwise it's about time I rolled my sleeves up and got stuck into a bit of TV guide data preperation.

TTFN

I have been watching this thread

and decided to redo the image on my Thomson with the "nzTiVo-Thompson-Installer-BETA.iso" and run it using its own tuner and delete the Video player as set top box and Philips image it is currently using. I have had exactly the same problem with connecting using a turbonet card and have followed Jaidevs instructions
    The tclient.conf file this setting..
    # This uses emuProxy2 to avoid problems with transparent proxy for NZ
    #Server emulator on Orac
    127::127.0.0.1:8000:::

And in /etc/rc.d/
    The rc.sysinit.author (at the end of file) runs the emuproxy2 program

emuProxy2 -s 210.48.107.133 -p 8000 &

I'd suggest a reboot, and then do the command 'ps x' via a telnet session, then check to see if 'emuProxy2 is running on port 8000
    Then try initiate a daily call. If it doesn't work then comment out emuproxy from running in rc.sysinit.author, by putting a '#' in front of the line.

Then in tclient.conf as you have done, enter the line 127::210.48.107.133:8000
    I think it is already there (third one) just comment out the first 127 line and enable the third one.
    to the letter, this has provided to date the (Failed. Number Unavailable) message during Guided Setup. Did you meet success with these instructions auren? My tclient.conf file also had a whole pile of UK phone numbers.

I have a Philips S1 with cachecard on the same network will this be affecting the connection? it didnt previously when both TiVo's used the same image.

Could I just copy the tclient.conf file from the other TiVo using ftp and succeed? I tried it last night and it connected but failed to import and expand data.

Any Help?