Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Moving from NZ legacy to current emulator

Should be ok... but no guarantees unless you check

The current emulator (port 8000) contains the oztivo IR slice. All those devices not in the original image are now added at guided setup. You can check the devices on the oztivo wiki (IR database).

When the new emualtor was setup our objective was to incorporate IR support for the various NZ specific set top boxes. I know we added support for motorola (which version?) and zenith boxes. The scripts came from the nztivo wiki.

If you have a different version of STB, you could take the codes you used, compare them to the IR database and incorporate into the database if you have some different version. The NZ system will grab the IR slice when it is updated.
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work

Quote Originally Posted by DJC
    I know we added support for motorola (which version?) and zenith boxes. The scripts came from the nztivo wiki.
    Don't know which version you added, but it works with a Motorola DTH325-n (n being 1 - 4, I think). The Motorola STB that people were having (possibly unresolved) trouble with was DTH335-4.
    Meat, beer, ... what more could a kid ask for? Of course... a TiVo! What were my parents thinking?

Some testing results

I had an experiment with this... here's what I found

Installing a tivo onto port 80 (which can't normally be done) gave me a legacy test device.

Moving it to the port 8000 emulator gave the expected "failed preparing data".

Removing the logo slice made no difference. Further any manually placed logos can potentially be removed by script, thanks to Warren.

Removing the IR slice made the difference, once I'd removed the oztivo IR slice from the test emulator daily calls succeeded.

Manually trying to load the IR slice on a machine setup off an emulator without fails with a load error. So this is the failed preparing data issue, also verified this looking at the tclient logs as to which slice was failing.

There is a second problem, I suspect. Because the headend Id's have changed the unit came from the legacy AK02113 headend to the current NZ02113 headend. (AK is now reserved for the Auckland FTA setups)

This may also mean that data wont be loaded for those running the AK02113 headend once a switch is made, unless the tivo's primary headend is also changed to NZ02113 to match the emulator slices.

A step closer perhaps..

We need to:-

i) Find out how manually load the oztivo IR slice on a legacy tivo, the fix to this will sort out the failing daily call.

ii) Sort out how to change the primary headend to the new headend Id. A bit of MFS work I suspect.

Item (i) can be easily tested by anyone with a legacy setup by downloading the oztivo IR slice from here and trying to dbload it, at your own risk of course.
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite

Hi,

Recently installed Tivo (about a week ago) using latest image.
    Can someone please tell me the password for the web interface so I can enter guided setup, I http to it and get login prompts!#. The tivo is having trouble making a call. Networking seems to be OK since I can telnet to it. I've tried changing the GS=0 to GS=1 but it didn't work. I need to force it to make a call.
    Help much appreciated

Default password is "nztivo" for NZ TWP based images.

Edit: Infact I think that it is the default username is "nztivo" and the password is empty from memory.
    Last edited by DJC; 07-10-2006 at 11:34 AM.

Thanx

Thats done it. Thanx for that