Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Moving from NZ legacy to current emulator

Quote Originally Posted by SeanOffShotgun
    While TONYS is doing his test should I go ahead with a test of the 'clear and delete all' path?
    Yep, get into it I reckon, more the merrier. Tonys is testing the non clear and delete path.
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work

OK, I've started... currently indexing after Guided Setup... I'll report in again when finished - or when I need assistance
    Meat, beer, ... what more could a kid ask for? Of course... a TiVo! What were my parents thinking?

OK, done the move from port 80 to 8000, all looking good so far (just a time issue, resolved as below). Here are the steps I did:

1. FTP any required 'Now Playing' programmes off the TiVo (via MFS-FTP running on the TiVo)

2. Backup 'Season Passes' and 'Wishlists' via the TiVoWeb(Plus) 'Backup' module

3. Backup 'Channel Preferences' via the TiVoWeb(Plus) 'Channel Prefs' module

4. Select 'Clear and Delete Everything' from from the 'Messages and Setup / System Reset' TiVo menu

5. Put the TiVo into 'Maintenance Mode' by following these instructions:
    http://www.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/I...g_Guided_Setup

6. Run 'Guided Setup' following these instructions (remembering to change the emulator port number!):
    http://www.forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=959

7. Check the time on your TiVo (have a look at, say, the Guide, on your TV screen), and the time via a telnet command prompt. If (like mine) the TV screen is wrong and the command prompt is correct then at the command prompt run "timezoneadj30.tcl" and select '7'.

You can also check if things are right by looking at http://<your-tivo-ip-address>/mfs/State/LocationConfig.
    TimeZoneOld should be 7, and DaylightSavingsPolicy should probably be 0 (although it's probably not used).
    If incorrect run the above command.

Don't forget to reboot.

8. Restore 'Channel Preferences' via the TiVoWeb(Plus) 'Channel Prefs' module (click 'Update Changes' at the bottom of the screen)

9. Restore Season Passes and Wishlists via the TiVoWeb(Plus) Backup module

10. FTP any 'Now Playing' programmes back onto the TiVo

Sean.
    Last edited by SeanOffShotgun; 16-08-2006 at 01:10 PM.
    Meat, beer, ... what more could a kid ask for? Of course... a TiVo! What were my parents thinking?

Hmmm, I am port 80 and am happy to move, is the clean, clear and delete necessary?

There are issues when you have a 250GB drive in you Tivo backing it up
    Slices: Sky Digital, Auckland, XTRA Broadband

Quote Originally Posted by DavidClarke
    Hmmm, I am port 80 and am happy to move, is the clean, clear and delete necessary?
    Well, maybe... it is until someone else tests another method that DJC and TONYS are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidClarke
    There are issues when you have a 250GB drive in you Tivo backing it up
    Yes, I know what you mean - I have 2x200GB drives in my TiVo... luckily I only wanted 40GB of it (that took a touch over 10 hours to FTP to my PC and is proving many times slower the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by jaidev
    Futher to DJC's post please document your procedure on the nztivo.net wiki...
    Where would you like that done? Under Topics or FAQ? ... or...

Let me know if you need another victim to test the delete logo script with a legacy system on :80

Cheers
    Slices: Sky Digital, Auckland, XTRA Broadband

Quote Originally Posted by SeanOffShotgun
    Where would you like that done? Under Topics or FAQ? ... or...
    Under Topics would be the place, named something appropriate.
    Thanks
    TiVo Series 1 Thompson PVR10UK Unit, Dual 250Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, NZ Emulator Port 8000
    TiVo Series 1 Sony SVR2000 unit, Dual 300Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, Philips FTA Tuner, NZ Emulator Port 80
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, Dual 160Gb, Turbonet, FTA Tuner, Private Emulator
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Dev Emulator, Development Unit...
    DTiVo Series 1 Philips DSR6000 unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Work in progress...

does this have an effect on my IR codes?

took me ages to get my IR codes going (motorola)

Quote Originally Posted by TerminalAddict
    does this have an effect on my IR codes?

took me ages to get my IR codes going (motorola)
    I believe it does. Not that I really know because during the Guided Setup I just chose the OZTiVo-Motorola (not sure of spelling there) option, and it worked fine for my Motorola DTH325. Maybe I could have bypassed that but I don't know. I do know that people have given up making some model(s) of Motorola IR go. So if you fixed yours by running the supplied script on the NZTiVo website which has now been integrated into Guided Setup (or if it's the same model as mine), then I'm suggesting it'll be easy... otherwise you'd have to redo whatever you did to get yours going again (isn't anything like that only difficult the first time? - I say with my documentation hat on, the one that I get constant abuse for! )

Hope that ramble gives you some confidence...