Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foxtel Channel Changes

Foxtel Channel Changes

Hi everyone, last night I noticed that some of the guide data does not correlate with the foxtel digital channels. I've done some investigation and noticed that some of the foxtel channels have changed.

I've made a list below.

AUGUST CHANNEL NUMBER CHANGES

FOX News
    WAS D602 NOW D604

CNN
    WAS D603 NOW D605

BBC World
    WAS D604 NOW D606

Bloomberg Television
    WAS D605 NOW D650

CNBC Australia
    WAS D606 NOW D652

The Weather Channel
    WAS D609 NOW D603

SBS News
    WAS D610 NOW D648

Discovery Channel
    WAS D630 NOW D610

National Geographic Channel
    WAS D632 NOW D612

Animal Planet
    WAS D634 NOW D615

Discovery Travel & Living
    WAS D638 NOW D646

The History Channel
    WAS D644 NOW D608

Discovery Science
    WAS D646 NOW D638

Crime & Investigation Network
    WAS D648 NOW D617

Can something like this be easily fixed? I'm not sure how to do it but would be interested in learning how it can be resolved.

Dom.

This issue has been raised by a few people on the oztivo email list with Warren and changes are correlated and made at the emulator end, so apart from alerting to any potential errors your TiVo will pick up the changes in subsequent daily calls.

If you are not an email list subscriber then you can go to www.oztivo.com and subscribe there.
    Last edited by Darren King; 02-08-2006 at 09:56 AM.
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Adding to what Darren has said, once the changes come through to your TiVo you will receive a mail message advising that the lineup has changed.

You will need to go into 'channels you receive' and select the correct channels and deselect the old ones (Sometimes channels that are removed still remain on your TiVo).

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Cheers guys, appreciate the help.
    D.

Still not resolved

Greetings
    I have noticed that some of channels have been changed. Still the Foxtel Discovery channel ( 610 now not 630) and History Channel 1 have not been changed. Is there anyway we can get this change made? I LIVE off these two channels, not having my American Chopper fix everyday makes for a very dull boy!

Is worse then we thought!!

Sorry to keep posting about what is probably an ongoing problem however I have gone through every Foxtel channel now and virtually every channel from 603 to 648 is out of place. Is anyone else noticing this?
    Can one of us Newbies do something to help?
    Thanks and cheers

I swapped over to Austar from Foxtel about 6 weeks ago and did the guided setup to tell it Austar etc. All was well with the channels etc back then.

Tonight I do a guided setup and even though my settings were still with Austar etc I am now getting the FOXTEL guide data so all the channels that have been changed are totally wrong.

Maybe if there wasn't a seperate slice for Austar in the past there should be one now as the channels are way too different.

If there is something I can do then I would love to hear it.

Thanks
    Last edited by Wiked; 06-08-2006 at 12:44 AM.

TiVo HD212 [300gb HHD, Turbocard] For Sale
    TiVo HD312 [300gb HHD, Turbocard] For Sale

As I was missing out on Discovery and ESPN recordings I just went into TivoWebPlus>>ChannelMap and changed the channel numbers back. I then saved and re-indexed the channel listing and all looks fine in TivoWeb now and of course in my EPG etc.

Before I changed anything I looked into my hack/guide/Austar_Digital_Sat.lnup file and all was listed correct as it should be so I have no idea why I had thins drama with getting the foxtel channel changes etc.

I hope nobody else on Austar that does a guided setup has this problem. Very strange.
    Last edited by Wiked; 06-08-2006 at 12:19 PM.

TiVo HD212 [300gb HHD, Turbocard] For Sale
    TiVo HD312 [300gb HHD, Turbocard] For Sale

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaDude
    Sorry to keep posting about what is probably an ongoing problem however I have gone through every Foxtel channel now and virtually every channel from 603 to 648 is out of place. Is anyone else noticing this?
    Can one of us Newbies do something to help?
    Thanks and cheers
    Which Foxtel are you using Cable/Satellite, WA/NT/QLD/NSW/VIC/TAS/SA.

Have you checked 'channels you receive' in the on screen menus and selected the correct channels and deselected the old ones?

Peter.

PS I'm in Beijing at the moment, so don't log in regularily.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiked
    I swapped over to Austar from Foxtel about 6 weeks ago and did the guided setup to tell it Austar etc. All was well with the channels etc back then.

Tonight I do a guided setup and even though my settings were still with Austar etc I am now getting the FOXTEL guide data so all the channels that have been changed are totally wrong.

Maybe if there wasn't a seperate slice for Austar in the past there should be one now as the channels are way too different.

If there is something I can do then I would love to hear it.

Thanks
    As you have since found out there are many seperate slices for Austar and Foxtel.

You are the only Austar user I have heard about who is having issues with this, I don't see any problems in the Austar headends.

I don't know why your TiVo reverted back to Foxtel.

Peter.