Thread: SKY Pay Movies

SKY Pay Movies

Now that the channel guide data includes the Sky Box office channels I was wondering if anyone has any clever ways to deal with them.

I am finding it very handy to have them on the guide and don't want to turn off the channels, but occasionally Tivo hops off and tries to record one of the movies on its own. This inevitably causes it to get tangled up in the password screen, and leads to it missing the next few things it has to record until I get home and sort it out.

My cludgy work around is to periodically keep an eye on the movies that Sky are offering and go in and give them all a thumbs down. This works, but its not perfect as I do miss some occassionally.

So has anyone come up with anything smarter? Is there maybe a way of including the thumbs down in the guide data?

Cheers

remove them from the "channels you recieve"
    US Series 1 Philips TiVo
    nzTiVo-Philips-Installer.img
    200Gb HDD 8Mb Cache, Turbonet
    Slices: Sky Digital, Auckland
    Hacks: TyServer, Manual Record & TivoTitle, TiVoX 1.5

Bonzo, I've added flags into the headends used in NZ to flag pay per view channels. Apparently, its to tell the tivo that there is extra stuff to be done before it can record, therefore it won't record through suggestions. Lets see what that does, if anything. This is only available on the current emulator (port 8000).
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work

That sounds perfect. Unfortunately I'm on the legacy 80 emulator, so I just need to find a way to get across to 8000. Its going to have to be non disruptive, or a failure that needs a reinstall. You know whats its like. The Tivo is only mine now when it goes wrong. Cheers