Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: PVR10UK Hard Drive Upgrade and Cachecard

Quote Originally Posted by n10ct
    i still see ukchan-2.5.5 up there and the rmmod instigated a tivo reboot also... is that correct?
    You should see ukchan-2.5.5_nz-nicam displayed if the module is loaded correctly. You might like to try the rmmod and insmod thing again... rmmod is less likely to reboot the tivo if it is in a menu screen. Failing this you could alter the startup script (either rc.sysinit or rc.sysinit.author) to load up the ukchan-2.5.5_nz-nicam.o rather than ukchan.o, I don't use an emulator so I can't help out much with the GS... but I doubt if you need to run through it again.

Well.. did that in rc.sysint..
    commendted out uk chan and added in the nz nicam one.

killed the tivo, wont boot anymore, cant ftp or telnet to it, just boots to grey screen.

*sigh...

you dont use a emulator? so do you only use it for manual recording?
    .... maybe the image i downloaded from orac.caffeine.co.nz was not the right image... i dont know, any other ideas?
    TiVo Series one unit PVR10UK w/250Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, FTA

killed the tivo, wont boot anymore, cant ftp or telnet to it, just boots to grey screen.
    At this point you can use a serial console cable or a boot CD to correct the rc.sysinit file. Chances are there is a typo in it, or it has Ctrl-M's at the end of each line... if you edited the file on a PC then the chances are there are Ctrl-M's in it. You can check with 'cat -e', and use the dos2unix utility to remove them.

you dont use a emulator? so do you only use it for manual recording?
    I use to just do manual recordings... but this changed when I finally got an Internet connection Since then I have been "rolling" my own guide data. It's pretty basic and no where near as fancy as the emulators, but suits my purpose and gives me the ability to do handy stuff like produce predicted data.

... maybe the image i downloaded from orac.caffeine.co.nz was not the right image... i dont know, any other ideas?
    I would have thought the images would be fine and just work. It would be worth having a look at the frequencies of the channels that you can receive and compare those against the ones that you do not. If the channels you receive are in the following list then it's a good indication that the ukchan module in the image is the Australian version...

The only Australian channels that match the New Zealand frequencies are 175.250MHz (AU=6, NZ=4); 182.250MHz (AU=7, NZ=5); 189.250MHz (AU=8, NZ=6); 196.250MHz (AU=9, NZ=7); 527.250MHz (AU=28, NZ=28); 591.250MHz (AU=36, NZ=36); 639.250MHz (AU=44, NZ=42); 695.250MHz (AU=52, NZ=49); 751.250MHz (AU=60, NZ=56).