Thread: Seanson Pass and to-do list

Seanson Pass and to-do list

hi guys
    not sure where this should actually be posted but i know that i need to post it to possibly help others
    the issue is about my tivo and its season pass's.
    started about 2 weeks ago and what happened was that i has a whole bunch of season pass's and it wasn't recording the episodes. there was no clash's and there wasn't any reason listed in the recorded shows bit about why it wasn't recorded, it just ignored it completely. it had being recording them correctly for months and nothing changed.
    anyway i deleted all my season pass's and set them up again and it was fine for those shows... for a week then it started again but worse.
    it didn't even register a show even when i set the season pass up on that episode. i would set up the season pass, then go back to the episode, press select and it would ask if i would like to record this showing. i even went to the season pass option of the episode(after i already set it up) and it said i have a season pass, would you like to record this showing. went to the option "view upcoming episodes" while looking at the episode, and it said there was no upcoming episodes.
    anyway i then reset the tivo with the option of clearing all season pass and to-do list info. made the daily call and let it be to sort itself out.
    this didn't work
    then i repeated the guided setup and it fixed everything instantly (before doing the guided setup i setup about 10 season pass's and it kept them)

The reason i'm writing all this is that it was really SWEAR WORD annoying having fix this problem, and it took me ages and a lot of stress, and i don't want others to get the same issues.
    Anyway if this happens to you
    1. Don't delete your SP's
    2. Run guided setup
    3. Enjoy your Tivo and please reply to this so that i know it helped
    (3. is for my own gratification)

Hi, welcome to the forums.

It's a shame you didn't post here or search on the oztivo website before trying all the things you did.

ProblemsAndSolutions lists suggestions for season passes not scheduling.

And if you were experiencing warped clock issues, redoing GS has just got around the problem without fixing the cause.

Unless the mfs was corrupted, there is a good chance your problems will return.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Hi peter

Thanks for the reply, i tried to do that thing listed on the problems page with the grep warp /var/log/tvlog and it didn't do anything for me, maybe i did it wrong, who knows.

I tried to figure out how to do mfscheck and it came up with an error, along the lines that i didn't have access.

If the problem happens again though I'll know to post it along with a few more specifics here and maybe you guys can nut out whats really happening.

While your reading this just want to say thank you for all the hard yards you and all the other developers have put in over however many years you've being doing this. much appreciated.

Cheers
    Sean

You can also check the tvlog using TiVoWeb, saves you entering any commands mannually.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

I too had this problem only since I did a reguided setup a little while ago.

I have about 80 season passes and I would say 10 if them will not record and wont even show up any upcoming episodes even though there obviously is. The other 70 work 100% fine as they should.

Anyway my clock is fine of course as the majority of them work fine.

I have just tried telnetting /hack/bin/force_index30.tcl but to no avail.

I then tried to do a re-guided setup but it wont make the setup call.

I presume that the server is currently down so I will try again later or tomorrow.
    Last edited by Wiked; 05-08-2006 at 03:15 PM.

TiVo HD212 [300gb HHD, Turbocard] For Sale
    TiVo HD312 [300gb HHD, Turbocard] For Sale

Sorry, I'm in Beijing at the moment and haven't logged in since the 4th.

What stage are you at now?

Is the problem resolved ?

If not, when you redid guided setup, was it a full reistall using a backup of the SP's or just a standard GS.

Peter

Pete, the server was just down and all is ok now.

Thanks and enjoy your trip.

TiVo HD212 [300gb HHD, Turbocard] For Sale
    TiVo HD312 [300gb HHD, Turbocard] For Sale