Hi,

New to the forums, long time Tivo user

Up until recently my Series 1 Tivo with Pal tuner has been working perfectly.
Now, I wanted to activated the s-video so I could record some footage from my xbox360.
So i went into the system reset tab and chose guided setup, this brought initial guided setup screen at which point I pressed select to continue, it then went straight back to Tivo Central
So I tried it and again same thing, power cycled the tivo, tried again.. same thing.
Now at this point the Tivo is in a semi vegitative state, I cant watch TV (just shows black screen then blue "cant find channel" screen, but i can watch programs that I have previously recorded.

I spent a few minutes searching the net and found a page that mentioned the best way to run guided setup was thru the web interface using the "Pal Ntsc" page, I did that, rebooted the Tivo and guide setup came up. This time I was able to follow thru all the prompts and enabling the s-video port as AV on channel 0 (just as i wanted).
I didnt think much of it at the time but it didnt give me the option to choose my channels via the tuner ( now I think this may be something to do with the initial failed GS).
It did the intial "phone call" without a hitch, but when it comes to the final call it just hangs on "connecting" forever (have left it for hours). If i run thru the GS and choose only antenna it says it cannot find any channels and then doesnt continue.
I have power cycled the Tivo numerous times and rechecked all the plugs. My tivo gets its tv signal via the tivo's tuner (which is plugged into the wall outlet) so i know the aerial is working as it should be.

I can still get into the tivo to watch saved episodes by turn of the GS on reboot in the "PAL NTSC" page in the web interface. But i still cant watch live tv and all my guide data is gone..

Im at a loss now as what to do next, so came here hoping to find some expert advice

My gut feeling the fix will involved editing some ini file via telnet to get the tivo out of the GS mode that it got itself into intially, then the other GS will go thru properly.

Thanks heaps in advance.

p.s. sorry for the small essay.. but more info is better then "my tivo is broke"