Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: TivoWebPlus testers

Just loaded it and the improvements are great. Everything seems to work really well so far.

One thing that I may just be misusing: Manual Recordings. I used to be able to set a continuous daily manual recording that would just record the same time, everyday, until I told it to stop. In this version you seem to have to specify a restricted period for the recording in field ToDo Repeat. It gives a maximum of 4 months which is quite a while, but I'd rather not have to recreate the recording every 4 months.

Am I missing something? Could be real obvious http://forums.oztivo.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Quote Originally Posted by chis
    I used to be able to set a continuous daily manual recording that would just record the same time, everyday, until I told it to stop.
    Select "Yes" for "Use a Season Pass"... this will do what you want. Some guy called John1980 did a lot of work on that TC module... wonder who that could be

Thanks Thomson

Of course it was simple. Just sat there looking at the Manual Recording apge after posting the message, saw the season pass option and realised that must be it. Silly me!

Some nice work here.

My only issue is that I run a dual source set of headends from the NZ system, satellite (satellite input) and FTA (cable input). The modules for mapping channels and setting preferences don't seem to recognise this [say like the tivo screen preference settings which has the channel then (sat) or (cab) after it to distinguish].

Like the update concept, time to roll into the NZ images as the standard web i/f ...
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work

Quote Originally Posted by DJC
    My only issue is that I run a dual source set of headends from the NZ system, satellite (satellite input) and FTA (cable input). The modules for mapping channels and setting preferences don't seem to recognise this [say like the tivo screen preference settings which has the channel then (sat) or (cab) after it to distinguish].
    The ChannelMap (http://tivo/listchan/) module should already be doing this (I've attached an image of what mine looks like)... and I can add a "lineup" column to the Channel Prefs module (http://tivo/channelprefs/all) if it will help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Are you using two lineups in the same headend? The config on the NZ emulator is two headends, one for sat and the other for cable which is FTA specific for the location (multiple lineups for each terrestrial location). This means that there can be multiple channels on the same number. I'll dump my pages and gmail you the location to check out.

Cheers for your help, its appreciated.
    Last edited by DJC; 16-08-2006 at 04:59 PM.
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite

Quote Originally Posted by DJC
    Are you using two lineups in the same headend?
    Ahhh... yup I do have the two lineups configured in the same headend.

I think I understand what you are now after. I first came across this request a year ago, but to handle multiple channels using the same channel number would require a drastic change to some of the fundamental structures inside TW, as the existing ones are indexed on the channel number. It will also have a flow on effect for other modules that people have written.

From what I can remember the TiVo GUI handles this fairly nicely by flicking between the two stations... for example if both TV2 and Sky2 were on channel number 2, then the first time you went to channel 2 it would display TV2, and the second time you went to channel 2 it would display Sky2, and then back to TV2, and so on...

After having a look at the code I think I can get the ChannelMap module working as it does not use the internal structures... but many other modules do and would be much harder to change (backup.itcl, channelgrid.itcl, channelprefs.itcl, confresManual.itcl, gdchecker.itcl, higuide.itcl, index.itcl, logos.itcl, manrec.itcl, ui.itcl, whatson.itcl).

[quote=thomson]From what I can remember the TiVo GUI handles this fairly nicely by flicking between the two stations... for example if both TV2 and Sky2 were on channel number 2, then the first time you went to channel 2 it would display TV2, and the second time you went to channel 2 it would display Sky2, and then back to TV2, and so on... [quote=thomson]

Exactly, and when you go in to select favourites and channels received it handles it the same way eg...

3 (Sat)
    3 (Cab)
    5 (Sat)
    5 (cab)

Quote Originally Posted by thomson
    After having a look at the code I think I can get the ChannelMap module working as it does not use the internal structures... but many other modules do and would be much harder to change (backup.itcl, channelgrid.itcl, channelprefs.itcl, confresManual.itcl, gdchecker.itcl, higuide.itcl, index.itcl, logos.itcl, manrec.itcl, ui.itcl, whatson.itcl).
    Understand. Funnily enough the main module that would be useful is the ChannelMap. This would then allow the mapping of duplicates to other channels.

Question Web Remote does not shows up

Hi ! First off all thanks for the OzTivoWebPlus.

I have a question regarding Web Remote module. What might be the reason for this module not to be displayed on TivoWebPlus menu ? All other modules are working fine.

Thanks in advance,
    Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by fmark View Post
    What might be the reason for this module not to be displayed on TivoWebPlus menu ?
    The "Web Remote" module will not appear if the Tivo software version is greater than 3... you can check the version via the info module (the value of Software System).