Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TivoWebPlus testers

Quote Originally Posted by petestrash
    One that I have which might make support easier, is to include the revision date alongside the version number on the main menu.
    I have tried various methods to do this, but was not very happy with any of them... Currently there is a field under the main version number that can be used by themes to place a string (although IE does not support this), that could be used... but I did not really want to remove existing functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by petestrash
    Though, I have noticed it is now inlcuded in the info module anyway. It may be helpful to also show it on the new update page, to save uploading the same or earlier versions.
    That's the most logical place for it. Having to dive into the version screen and find the information is a bit of a hassle (I included it there so that if there were support issues we could just ask people to dump the contents of the info screen). The distribution number (YYMMDD format) is now being written to the tivoweb.log file.

found the prob

Alls good had 2 directories so it confussed the hell out of it and me lol

Quote Originally Posted by dadnz
    Alls good had 2 directories so it confussed the hell out of it and me lol
    Yeah... the use of uppercase (TivoWebPlus) was also to avoid the software being placed on top of the existing versions (which are typically under tivowebplus). Oddly enough I expected heaps of flak over the use of uppercase letters - it's something that use to upset a number of people... although once they get use to tab-completion it's not such a big issue (as typing "cd T<tab>" should do all the work for you).

I'm also going to modify the update facility so that it can be used to update/install new modules (*.itcl files).

I didn't realise Tab completion worked on the TiVo.

Thanks for the tip, should save a bit of typing.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiked
    and installed hackman and bufferhack and its a lot better than the older one.
    Where can I get these modules from? And how do I add them? I miss hackmen from tivowebplus. And how big can I make the "bufferhack"? 90 mins would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by daggo
    Where can I get these modules from? And how do I add them? I miss hackmen from tivowebplus. And how big can I make the "bufferhack"? 90 mins would be nice.
    The Hackman module and documentation for how to install, setup and get it working (as the newer versions require manual configuration) can be found on it's website: http://web.nlis.net/~davehill/hackman/hackman.html (there is also a wiki entry here). The bufferhack utility is documented at the wiki here.

Quote Originally Posted by thomson
    The bufferhack utility is documented at the wiki here.
    The wiki documentation provides details about the more complex and risky approach of installing bufferhack.

There is a far simpler option by which all that you're required to do is copy the 'bufferhack.itcl' script into your TivoWeb 'modules' directory. The buffer size can then be adjusted through the TivoWeb Hackman interface. The original DealDatabase thread no longer provides this file but you can get a copy of the 'bufferhack.itcl' script from within the 'twpFix.tar.gz' file.

Quote Originally Posted by daggo
    And how big can I make the "bufferhack"? 90 mins would be nice.
    The latest versions of bufferhack (including the TivoWeb version above) allows you to specify a buffer size anywhere from 15 minutes to 3 hours, I'd recommend going with about 90 minutes or 2 hours though. One thing to note is that the play bar is still double the size of the buffer, without using the bufferhack the playbar showed a 1 hour time-frame and had a 30 minute buffer. If you decide to go with a 90 minute buffer using the bufferhack, the playbar will now show 3 hours and allow you to play within the 90 minutes of buffered TV.

Quote Originally Posted by T1voZA
    The wiki documentation provides details about the more complex and risky approach of installing bufferhack.

There is a far simpler option by which all that you're required to do is copy the 'bufferhack.itcl' script into your TivoWeb 'modules' directory. The buffer size can then be adjusted through the TivoWeb Hackman interface. The original DealDatabase thread no longer provides this file but you can get a copy of the 'bufferhack.itcl' script from within the 'twpFix.tar.gz' file.
    Both the commandline and Hackman versions of Bufferhack (v3.2a) are available at the distribution thread on Deal Database. Both versions use exactly the same code base, so the Hackman version is no safer to run. Both versions perform a number of checks to ensure that the system is in an acceptable state (I know because I put some of them in there ).

Both will display an error if tivoapp is a symbolic link (which use to be the case with the OzTivo images - not sure if it still is) so the instructions in the wiki , to remove the symbolic link, may still need to be performed if you wish to change the size of the buffer.

Quote Originally Posted by thomson
    Both the commandline and Hackman versions of Bufferhack (v3.2a) are available at the distribution thread on Deal Database.
    Both versions use exactly the same code base, so the Hackman version is no safer to run.
    Oops, when I viewed the link, DealDatabase listed the posts in "Threaded mode" and as such it only showed the old (less safe) 'bufferhack30.zip' file

Now I am lost! I'll start a new thread for Bufferhack.