Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: TivoWebPlus testers

Quote Originally Posted by petestrash
    The behaviour is the same on all TiVo's and only occured after the upgrade from about the 9th of July version.
    It's pretty unlikely that this is the case... but the following versions are also available at http://thomson.tivo.googlepages.com/
    tivowebplus-oztivo-060430.tgz
    tivowebplus-oztivo-060531.tgz
    tivowebplus-oztivo-060624.tgz

If I move the 1st SP not showing in the list to the bottom of the season passes, all SP'S show execept that one.
    If I delete that SP the error message goes away, and everything appears normal.
    If I set a new SP to replace it (using TWP or gui), the error comes back.
    If I set a different SP no error.
    This points at an issue in the guide data for that particular show. I've had another look and found some code in the ui.itcl module that could be the cause. If you have a recording configured for a station which has no schedule information for that particular day then it could display that error.

Try this version http://thomson.tivo.googlepages.com/...vo-060801a.tgz. It contains the following DEBUG line that will display before the error message if the schedule information is blank for that particular day. Let me know if you see the message, otherwise it must be another piece of code.

Code:
    puts $chan "DEBUG: No /Schedule information for $stationfsid:$datestr: was found"

Quote Originally Posted by thomson
    This points at an issue in the guide data for that particular show. I've had another look and found some code in the ui.itcl module that could be the cause. If you have a recording configured for a station which has no schedule information for that particular day then it could display that error.
    That is exactly it.

They are all manual recording season passes, which don't have guide data for next week yet.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Let me know if you see the message, otherwise it must be another piece of code.
    That's it.

DEBUG: No /Schedule information for 2309:13367: was found

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

DEBUG: No /Schedule information for 2309:13367: was found
    Can you tell me more about the season pass which is causing this... I just want to know if it's going to be safe enough to just ignore this particular situation. I am guessing it is a season pass for a manual recording that starts in the future?

If I can duplicate the situation on one of my systems then I can test a fix and make things nice and tidy.

Update: Seems pretty safe to ignore this situation... so the 060801 distribution does exactly this
    Last edited by thomson; 01-08-2006 at 04:59 PM.

As an example, I set a manual recording via TWP for 11am-11:01am to be repeated every Monday.

Right now my TiVo has no guide info for next Monday, which from what you say is what causes the error.

I only Setup all these manual recording SP's a couple of days ago, because I am going overseas for a few months and wanted to block known repeats of existing SP's to save space. So I just set it to record 1 minute on basic quality, keep only one episode and delete after 1 day.

TWP did not have a problem with these entries until I updated. But I guess the problem would have come up if I restarted TWP or rebooted even with the old version of TWP.

Peter.

Update: Seems pretty safe to ignore this situation... so the 060801 distribution does exactly this
    Just installed 060801, and it works fine, showing the complete list of SP's including the guideless entry.

Thanks,

Peter.

I've just noticed a compatibility difference between TWP on my S2 vs S1's.

You have recently added backlinks for returning to SP's or WL's after deleting one, which is a really useful addition. But these links do not show on my S2, only the S1's.

Thanks,

Peter.

You have recently added backlinks for returning to SP's or WL's after deleting one, which is a really useful addition. But these links do not show on my S2, only the S1's.
    I can't see how this is possible... in fact the only way it would be possible was if a module you are using is overloading the action_saveseasonpass function? Are you sure you are running a newish version on the S2?

I can't explain it, I set up a whole heap of SP's this afternoon after installing the 060801 version and after saving or canceling it just goes to the blank screen, as it used to do in previous versions.

Trying again now, it works fine. Tivo has an uptime of 61 days, so it hasn't rebooted.

The other thing that also happened at the same time was the error message for no guide data for a manual record came up as soon as I set up a manual record season pass. But this came right later on.

I actually posted about this also, but then it went away.

Thinking about it, it may have something to do with IE6.0 cache. Maybe it wasn't fetching fresh pages ?

Don't know, but now ok. Maybe it just takes longer on the S2.

Thanks,

Peter.

Ps I'm going away tonight and won't be back until mid October