Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Channel change problems

Try changing the delay

Ie: Fast, Medium or Slow...

Also, disable the IR blaster built into the 'eye' on the tivo.
    I've done this on both of mine and it seems to have corrected most mis-changes on the channels.

ZollyMonsta

Zolly, I think you've skipped over pauls original posts.

Pauls first post said that he has tried differerent values in TunerDigitDelay, and this made no difference. When testing channel surfing, this is basically the same as selecting slow,medium,fast.

Paul has also tested with just using the blaster with the same results.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Thanks Zolly and Peter for the suggestions. I think I've already covered Zolly's ideas. I didn't have much time to play with it today and now the family wants to watch TV without me and my laptop messing things up. I did get chance to try again with Hyperterminal instead of Putty. The results were interesting. It made it seem like putty was giving double carriage returns. Now with Hyperterminal I can get an error telling me I need to specify frequency, code length and repetitions. As far as I can see I had specified these. Maybe more time to play tomorrow after work.

I did have one idea. If Peter is interested I can open my firewall at let him telnet in for a look. Don't know if that has been done before.

cheers and thanks for everyones help

Paul

I have used Telnet to fix other issues before. But I can't think of how practical it would be for use with IrSlicecreator, as you still need to send the ir codes yourself locally.

The double carriage returns in PuTTY should have been stopped when you unchecked the ^M's.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

I've discovered that the link to irSliceCreator at the top of the "how to" page takes you to an old beta (0.9b) version. The link at the bottom of the page is a newer version. (1.0.01). Guess which one I used. The newer verson sort of works. I can capture a code and get it to work using the frequency test option but doesn't work with option 6 test. I'll try again in a dark room tonight.

cheers

Paul

Good catch, I have updated the wiki.

Peter