Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tivo Pausing constantly

Pete, you read my mind. I was just reading the article on Oztivo re that exact subject.

PS I'm running a cachecard

The timing option is not available for cachecards.

None of the networking drivers have been updated by SiliconDust since Feb 2005, so you are most likely running the most recent driver.

Peter
    Last edited by petestrash; 01-06-2006 at 12:28 AM.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Unhappy

Thanks Pete. Looks like I'll have to live with this

Peter,

Is there not a "timing" mention in the network setting file, even for a cachecard? It may be able to be manually added, or edited, this way. I forget what the file is called or where it is

Oh, and David: There is no such thing as a version 3.0 release of the oztivo software. They are ALL based on the USA TiVo version 3.0 software but we determine the release by R1.x number. Unfortunately your system stats screens you can view from a running TiVo does not display this.
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Hi Darren,

thanks for that. With the version, it was whatever version you installed for me last year when you set it up. I think is R4?

Hi David. As said previously the number notation is R1.x so R4 is not a valid number. Looking back through my email history I cannot determine exactly who you are as I have had three David's with a surname starting with a "H" use my services last year.

At any rate none of the above matters as Peter points out cachecards do not have a timing option. What I do say still stands in that the configuration file MAY be able to be edited. As I also said I can't remember what it is (or where) as I am not a software person, but Peter would and may be able to assist whenever he is next online.
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Darren's right, there are config files for both types of cards. /etc/rc.d/rc.net.turbonet for the turbonets and /etc/rc.d/rc.net.cachecard for the cachecards.

Code:
    [TiVo [p0] /etc/rc.d]# cat rc.net.turbonet
    #
    #!/bin/sh
    #

if /sbin/insmod -f /lib/modules/turbonet.o macaddr=00:0B:AD:21:2A:1B timing=3 ; then
            export DYNAMIC_NET_DEV=eth0
            mkdir -p /var/state/dhcp
            /sbin/dhclient -q eth0 2>/dev/null &
    fi
    [TiVo [p0] /etc/rc.d]#
    [TiVo [p0] /etc/rc.d]# cat rc.net.cachecard
    #
    #!/bin/sh
    #

if /sbin/insmod -f /lib/modules/turbonet2.o macaddr=00:0B:AD:AD:77:8B ; then
            export DYNAMIC_NET_DEV=eth0
            mkdir -p /var/state/dhcp
            /sbin/dhclient -q eth0 2>/dev/null &
    fi
    [TiVo [p0] /etc/rc.d]#
    I have not tried (and not keen to try) adding the timing variable to the cachecard config file.

Also if you upgrade from tivoweb to Thomsons version of tivowebplus, the info module now includes the OzTiVo revision numbers for troubleshooting.

This info is stored in etc/oztivo_version on the last 2 images.

Peter
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidH
    Looks like I'll have to live with this
    If you are noticing the problem when using TivoWeb then you may wish to try out TivoWebPlus which has been shown to reduce the issue.

Also if it's happening more then once a week, you can rule out the cachecard by removing it for a week and see if it still occurs.

If you do a daily call on Saturday night, you should have data through to the following Saturday. Then you can remove the card for a week and see if it still plays up for you.

Peter.