Thread: X-factor network card

X-factor network card

Hi all,

My first Tivo has just arrived from the US after 4 months so I'll be needing a network card. I found X-factor cards on ebay in the US much cheaper than the turbonet card available locally. Is there any problems I should know about before buying one?

cheers

Paul

X-Factors, Terbonets and TV-LAN cards are all 100% copies of Turbonets and thus work the same.

The one thing to be cautious of is who it is selling them as per this thread: http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread....light=lamonthe
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

I can confirm Steve is back, though so far he has only had a couple of negative feedbacks in the last month for non delivery and non contact on eBay.

But as far as I am concerned, I am still out around $1000 for a batch of cards that were never delivered. The money included payment for EMS delivery which is both trackable and insured. The package was just never lodged.

Steve has changed phone numbers when he disappeared in December, and will not answer messages sent to any of his numerous email addresses.

It seems like dealing with him is a lottery, I bought many successful batches in the past and it was always a hassle getting him to actually deliver. But at least those were actually delivered.

We are looking at other options for cards, but these would not be available for at least another 2 months.

Peter.
    Last edited by petestrash; 18-06-2007 at 04:45 AM. Reason: tivodownunder no longer trading
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!