Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Modifying FTA Channel Frequencies

Question Modifying FTA Channel Frequencies

Hi there

I have a UK Tivo running 2.5.5 that I have modified to run in NZ. I tried the OZTivo image a year or so ago, but the image tended to lock up the tivo every so often so I set about modifying the UK image myself. This has taken a bit of time and each mod involves backing up the box before the next changes. This has something to do with my lacking linux skills.

Anyway - my issue is that I want to be able to record TV1, 2 AND TV3 via the RF tuner and the other sky channels via the scart input. This is so I can record FTA and watch sky channels at the same time.

I can get and record TV1, but TV2 appears on TV3 and TV3 on channel 10 (which is used by sky sport). I need to know where in Tivo config files it gets this information. I've played around with the freq settings in Palmod but it doesn't change anything.

Once I get them right, and it connects and downloads the new slice, the channels revert back to the wrong place again.

I also tried a dodgy script that ran as a cron to change the number every half an hour, but this isn't very reliable.

Has anyone managed to get a workaround or can give me some ideas of where I need to be looking

Thanks

If you wish to map 1->TV1, 2->TV2 and 3->TV3 then you should be able to do this via a custom ukchan kernel module (which will perform the mapping) and then possibly use the ChannelMap TivoWeb module to keep the guide data happy.

I can create a ukchan.o binary for you... I just need to know the channels that require mapping. You just need to provide either the Channel number or frequency for the channels that you wish to have mapped.

For example my transmitter in Wellington uses 1=TV1,5=TV2,11=TV3,2=C4,60=Prime,44=MaoriTV and I remap these to 1=TV1,2=TV2,3=TV3,4=C4,5=Prime,6=MaoriTV.

Smile Modifying FTA Channel Frequencies

Hi there

Thanks for the quick response. I would like to take you up on the offer of a binary file if it isn't too much hassle.

I'm only interested in TV1, 2 and 3 and I live in Hamilton if that is any use to you.

Currently they sit as follows:

1=TV1,3=TV2 and 10=TV3 and I would like them mapped as 1=TV1, 2=TV2 and 3=TV3

Out of curiousity, what is involved in compiling a new .o file. I assume you take a .c file and run something on it that creates a .o file. Is it easy? Do you run this on Tivo or just in a standard linux/unix OS

Thanks Marty

Quote Originally Posted by martythompson
    Thanks for the quick response. I would like to take you up on the offer of a binary file if it isn't too much hassle.
    I have attached both the source and binary for the modified module.

You should be able to use the following to test it:
    Code:
     rmmod ukchan
     insmod ukchan-2.5.5_nz-ham.o
    Quote Originally Posted by martythompson
    Out of curiousity, what is involved in compiling a new .o file. I assume you take a .c file and run something on it that creates a .o file. Is it easy? Do you run this on Tivo or just in a standard linux/unix OS
    You have a choice, you can run it on the Tivo with a native compiler, or use a cross compiler on another platform (Linux/Unix). I bundled up a native compiler along with the ukchan source code on Minnie's Uploads page (ukchan-gcc.tgz).
    Attached Files Attached Files

Talking Legend!!!!!

Hi Thomson

Just want to say that your zip file worked a treat. Thanks very much for your help.

One very happy tivo family. I should have asked earlier

Cheers

Marty

Is it possible to do a similar channel line up on a S1 SVR 2000 or Philips?

Quote Originally Posted by Islander
    For US TiVo's using the OzTiVo image you can make changes yourself using palmod_config.

See ThepalmodUserGuide.doc for details.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Islander
    As Peter has mentioned you can use the finetune facility under palmod_config to do this. For example in Wellington I use the following to map the channels on a US Tivo:

finetune="1:45250,2:182250,3:224250,4:55250,5:7832 50"

Thanks for the replies.

I am using the NZ image with Cable and Satellite in Auckland.

I have tried to channel map in tivoweb and do not have the FTA channels presented.
    All that channelmap gives is Sky Digital (no Cable) channels.

We have not suggested using tivoweb to change frequencies to suit your area. As mentioned a couple of posts above, for US TiVo's you can fine tune using palmod_config.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!