Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remote Help

Update - I left the tivo turned off for the day while I was at work. Came home, turned it on and it's going great guns.

Next time it locks up I'll try covering up the ir receiver for a while to determine if it's a flooding issue.

Something strange i did notice the other day was that when I was pushing the directional buttons on the tivo remote (when the tivo wasn't responding) the sky ir receiver flashed as if it had received a request to change channels. That shouldn't happen should it? I have a new pace sky decoder DS230NNZ.

I'm determined to get to the bottom of this problem. I'll post my results for those who're interested.

Glad to hear it's working again.

Being in Oz I'm not familiar the the sky box you mention, but I do have other gear (S2 TiVo for example) that flashes every time any IR Signal is received regardlesss of the type of remote used. So you Sky box might be similar. I would be worried if the TiVo remote made the Sky box actually do something.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

*Update*

The remote problems continued for days. Sometimes it would respond other times it wouldn't, so I ordered a new remote from Darren King.

A couple of days before the remote arrived I edited rc.sysinit.author and commented out endpad, tivoweb and tivoftp (I know this should've been my first point of call but I'm a newbie ). Since stopping those programs from running the tivo has been going great, no remote lockups for a week. When the new remote arrived that worked fine too.

I'm running the latest NZ Image with a 512mb cachecard. For thorough testing I'll start tivoweb, tivoftp and endpad one at a time and try to determine which one was potentially causing the lockups. I won't do this testing for a while tho as I want to enjoy having the tivo running for while :-)

Thanks to everyone who helped me on this one.

Jeremy.