Hi All, i am new here and have been trying to get my tivo running nicely for a few days after getting my network organized in my bedroom.

I followed the instructions on the pages in Oztivo on installing the oz version software etc. and have set my tivo up on my network and can ping outside websites ie google california but when i use the web service to force a daily call i never seem to end up with any channel info on my tivo.

I have been finding pieces of info in here which is great and have found i have the clock warped problem and have done the force_index but it didnt work so far. This morning i telnet'd in a ftp'd the ntpdate into my tivo and then did another force_index - when i go home tonight i will check to see if it has worked.

The tivo did originally get stuck on the hanging up stage but i have done a few daily calls and they seem to be working ok as far as i know but i have yet to see evidence of it.

I haven't worked out if i need to set my postcode somewhere - should i be doing that?

Also i have a cheap Legend set top box plugged in to the rca ports and have the channel set to AV 0 - is that correct for me to be able to use the infrared to change channnels on the set top box? i cant quite understand how it is going to work if it thinks there is only one channel on the tivo...

I have been thinking it might be better if i get Darren King to solder in a PAL tuner so that i get the Tivo to recognize more than one channel but from what i have read so far it doesn't seem to be neccessary.

I must say that even with the issues so far i am pretty happy with the recording quality (i have it set to medium but will put it up to high when i can get another hard disk installed).

I think i might do the format and reinstall just to start again fresh.

Any commments/tips?

Thanks, Kwijibot.