Thread: TurboNET to CacheCARD upgrade FAQ

TurboNET to CacheCARD upgrade FAQ

Just wondering what the quickest route to complete this is? I have been using TurboNET but now I am upgrading to the CacheCARD. I haven't ever used Telnet to access my Tivo. I've only just imaged the drives with the drivers required on two new hard drives. Can I just us the CD installer to install the Cachecard driver on to my existing image or do I have to lose all my programs and reformat. Is there a easier way I guess is what I'm asking.
    Thanks

Just one more thing, its there a good guide for how to setup and use a serial connection from my laptop to my Tivo? Most sites I've seen on it assume you know all this linux language and you already know just what a Bash Prompt is!

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaDude
    Just wondering what the quickest route to complete this is? I have been using TurboNET but now I am upgrading to the CacheCARD. I haven't ever used Telnet to access my Tivo. I've only just imaged the drives with the drivers required on two new hard drives. Can I just us the CD installer to install the Cachecard driver on to my existing image or do I have to lose all my programs and reformat. Is there a easier way I guess is what I'm asking.
    The best way is to remove your drives and use the latest oztivo install CD to setup networking with cachecard (do not reload the image as this will wipe recordings).

ALSO I NEED TO MENTION TO ANYONE ELSE READING THIS THREAD, NEVER USE THE CACHECARD INSTALLER FROM SILICONDUST AS THIS IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE OZTIVO IMAGE AND IF USED WILL STOP YOUR TIVO BOOTING UP.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaDude
    Just one more thing, its there a good guide for how to setup and use a serial connection from my laptop to my Tivo? Most sites I've seen on it assume you know all this linux language and you already know just what a Bash Prompt is!
    Depends what you mean by a serial connection and what you are looking to do. There is a serial connection that will give access to the TiVo boot menu, there is serial access that gives direct telnet access to the bash prompt, and finally there is PPP over serial access which allows you to access all features ftp, tivoweb, telnet etc.

Most of these are described in the networking section of the oztivo.net site.

Peter
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!