Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First Time Tivo Set-up - Can't Call Out

I would probably be best to contact optus, and make sure the Seimens Speedstream 4200 is not just a modem, but a modem/router. Also get them to make sure DHCP server is enabled.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

2. Yes, the Seimens Speedstream is definitely a modem/router. I have been trying to get this going for weeks now and no luck. Do you know of anywhere I can take this tivo to get some hands on advice? I am just about ready to give up on the tivo and go buy a Topfield or a Foxtel IQ.

How about just taking it to a friends house and try their ADSL.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Have you at least checked the modem setup? If it is a modem/router then it would be configurable and as Peter has mentioned you will need DHCP enabled in the modem, or at the very least determine the IP address range the modem works in (ie 192.168.x.x) and manually set the TiVo networking setup to an IP address in this same range.
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

hey newbie.

okay i know im not pro at tivo just yet but i think i can help u out.
    it just so happens i found someone at my school who also has a tivo (AH finally found someone who actually knew what a tivo was LOL) anywayz... they are with optus using a Seimens Speedstream 4200. i showed them this and said they has a few problems too.

firstly...as darren said...check your router set-up (192.168.x.x) definetly something to have a look at...see if DHCP is enabled in the IP Settings section.
    secondly...set up a fixed ip on tivo...for some reasons sometimes the DHCP doesnt always work. i dont know why it just doesnt. justin (friend) just said that in the tivo networking he had it set on DHCP then switched it to a fixed ip and it ended up working.

hope this helps....lol i probably sound like some crazy fool who doesnt know what im on about =P just try it out...and keep trying....everything will end up working....tivo is one awesome piece of life.

anywayz....good luck! =)