Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TivoWebPlus v 1.2.2 Problems

Just one more thing the http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/vie...eToTiVoWebPlus

in this explanation the sysntax needs to be modified from

# Start TiVoWebPlus
    /hack/tivowebplus/tivoweb &

to

# Start TiVoWebPlus
    /hack/TivoWebPlus/tivoweb &

As it is case sensitive.

I have corrected the wiki.

Being a community wiki, feel free to fix anything yourself that you find is either wrong or you feel should be explained better.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by petestrash
    Not that it matters, but setpri is already included on the oztivo image and is called in rc.sysinit.author.
    I do not have access to an OzTivo image, but I am guessing that only the more recent images have this... you also need to ensure that the setpri command is issued before the telnet daemon is started (which I doubt is the case) otherwise anything started from the command line will be run at high priority (and cause glitches in the Tivo when various features of TivoWeb are accessed). This is typically not a problem after a reboot, but for people that stop and start services from the command line it is something that they need to be aware of.

My bad,

After re-checking this, it looks like it is not on the current image, was only on 1.3 (and was run after telnet had started).

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

If anyone is interested there is a new TivoWebPlus bundle (v1.2.2d) located here that should contain most of the modules that are available in TivoWeb on the OzTivo image. I do not know of any remaining issues but feel free to bring up any bugs/feature requests if you find it is lacking in a particular area.

FYI: If anybody really, really needs the MfsStream module then did get a copy working with TWP, but the whole mechanism (using tyhttp) to transfer files seems a little flakey and from forum feedback seems to have always had issues with larger files. I would suggest you use the Extract module which should activate as soon as MFS-FTP has been installed.

New TivoWebPlus bundle located here. It includes alpha transparent PNG support for IE 5.5+ (should notice an improvement in the quality of images in the User Interface module).