Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TivoWebPlus v 1.2.2 Problems

TivoWebPlus v 1.2.2 Problems

I have installed TivoWebPlus all the way up to 1.2.2 and I am getting the following error when I click on Logs. Can somebody shed some light I also get this error (no value given for parameter "dst" to "get_tzoffset") in other menu options.

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    action_logs '/' ''
    no value given for parameter "dst" to "get_tzoffset"
    while executing
    "get_tzoffset $time"
    (procedure "ftime" line 2)
    invoked from within
    "ftime [expr [file mtime $log]] "%b %d %H:%M:%S""
    (procedure "::action_logs" line 33)
    invoked from within
    "::action_$action $chan $part $env"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
    "eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
    --cut here--

Quote Originally Posted by moored99
    I have installed TivoWebPlus all the way up to 1.2.2
    Where did you get v1.2.2 from? You may wish to try the version from the Uploads area of minnie if you are not already doing so.

no value given for parameter "dst" to "get_tzoffset"
    This error means that you are running TivoWebPlus modules against an httpd-tt.tcl from a TivoWeb distribution. The newer distributions do not have a dst parameter for the get_tzoffset() function.

Quote Originally Posted by thomson
    This error means that you are running TivoWebPlus modules against an httpd-tt.tcl from a TivoWeb distribution. The newer distributions do not have a dst parameter for the get_tzoffset() function.
    So what do I need to do?

So what do I need to do?
    1. Stop any running TivoWeb service (using the Restart->Quit option)
    2. cd /var/hack
    3. mv TivoWebPlus TWP.old
    4. tar xvfz tivowebplus-1.2.2-oztivo.tgz
    5. cd TivoWebPlus
    6. setpri fifo 1 $$
    7. ./tivoweb

Some of the above steps may fail with an error (eg 3 and 6) depending on how the system is setup, but this should result in a stable TivoWebPlus installation. You can then copy any missing modules into the new /var/hack/TivoWebPlus/modules directory, but do not copy any of the old files (ie httpd-tt.tcl) into the /var/hack/TivoWebPlus directory.
    Last edited by thomson; 19-04-2006 at 01:47 PM.

Did all that to the letter and it has done the same thing any other sugestions.

Did all that to the letter and it has done the same thing any other sugestions.
    I have no other suggestion... that package was designed to just work and that is what it should do. It could be that an old TivoWeb has not been shut down, you may like to edit the tivoweb.cfg to start it on a different port (say 8080).

If you are still having trouble you could do the following and attach the listing.txt file to your next post. Please also post another description of the errors that are being encountered:

1. cd /var/hack/TivoWebPlus
    2. ls -lR . > listing.txt

Update: I found and rewrote a Upgrade To TivoWebPlus wiki entry (hopefully this will not upset the original authors). The version uploaded there contains a small bug fix to the Theme module as well as an update to it so that it automatically updates the configuration file with the selected theme. It also includes the setpri binary which is automatically called from the tivoweb startup script.
    Last edited by thomson; 19-04-2006 at 05:52 PM.

Update: I found and rewrote a Upgrade To TivoWebPlus wiki entry (hopefully this will not upset the original authors). The version uploaded there contains a small bug fix to the Theme module as well as an update to it so that it automatically updates the configuration file with the selected theme. It also includes the setpri binary which is automatically called from the tivoweb startup script.
    Not that it matters, but setpri is already included on the oztivo image and is called in rc.sysinit.author.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

I have no other suggestion... that package was designed to just work and that is what it should do. It could be that an old TivoWeb has not been shut down, you may like to edit the tivoweb.cfg to start it on a different port (say 8080).

If you are still having trouble you could do the following and attach the listing.txt file to your next post. Please also post another description of the errors that are being encountered:

1. cd /var/hack/TivoWebPlus
    2. ls -lR . > listing.txt

I deleted the 1.2.2 web site and uploaded the b version and that fixed the problem. Thanks for your support.