Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tivoweb plus

tivoweb plus

Anyone had probs getting this going fully?
    ie streaming,whats on list etc

cheers

dadnz

never mind

got it running but it suxs lol dont like my 801 wireless i think

how do we move "now showing" files on to computer anyone help?

I'm happy to keep plodding along...learning heaps as i go which is always fun

keep smiling
    dadnz

Do a search on tystudio for ripping shows to PC. Also I would personally skip Tivowebplus. I got it mostly going but still can get new guide info and my TiVo crashes twice as often. I can't see a good reason to switch myself.

cool

cheers looking now

Quote Originally Posted by dadnz
    how do we move "now showing" files on to computer anyone help?
    This process can take a while... firstly the transfer is pretty slow (due to a slow network interface) and the conversion can also take a while. If you are really interested in archiving shows and leave your PC turned on overnight, then you might want to have a look at ETiVo. It is also possible to FTP the raw TY files over to the PC by setting up MFS_FTP on the TiVo... you can then attempt to play these TY files via a modified mplayer or a codec to WMPlayer. Remember though that these TY files will be large, so if you have a few shows you wish to keep, then archiving via ETiVo is a better idea.

I did bundle up a TWP package for someone a while back which is located here. It should work fine, although I do not use an emulator so am unsure about forcing a daily call using it. It is easy enough to have both TW and TWP running on the same TiVo, you just need to change the port in the config file.
    Last edited by thomson; 20-02-2006 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thomson
    It is easy enough to have both TW and TWP running on the same TiVo, you just need to change the port in the config file.
    Yeah, that's what I am blaming my more frequent crashes on. Maybe it isn't the fact I am running TW and TWP at the same time. To be honest I don't even use TWP but still have it running along side TW. One day i'll get around to removing it and then I'll find out if the TiVo gets more stable. I would still say if there is no reason to use it I wouldn't bother. I am a great believer in if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Although the TW README alluded to it - somelike about the phone module causing issues with the Ver 3.0 event handler which was less stable than the handler in 2.5.5 ...

...I never really put much effort into getting my unit stable with TW.

Currently, my Philips HDR112 running the OzTivo 1.5 image:

TW on = halts and wierd crashes - particularly during network accesses - end up with programmes half recorded before a screen freeze (needing a power reset).

TW off = stable TiVo and household tranquility.

I haven't tried TWP and I'm not even tempted to until Mr Development TiVo machine arrives from the 'states.

Quote Originally Posted by timl
    I haven't tried TWP and I'm not even tempted to until Mr Development TiVo machine arrives from the 'states.
    When it does I would very much suggest loading up TWP (there is a bundle here). If you do not need the phone module then I would remove it (although I happen to feel it is very safe to leave it there - just don't use it). TWP has some added features that I use quite a bit... things like being able to easily create Wishlists from the "search" module (so much easier than using the remote!).

I used tivoweb and have moved. I regularly experienced the event bug, about weekly.

I recently moved to tivowebplus, and so far have not seen the event bug and its a few weeks now. (I put it into the NZ image, but not as the default)

I have been using the phone module alot for emulator testing, something I would never do before. And the remote has been getting a hammering looking through the new guides.

Of course, this could all be a coindicence ... but it is interesting.

If things remain good, I will go back to tivoweb and verify that the bug becomes more frequent ... or not.
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work

added module export

this is a good module to add called mfs_export lets you export now showing files to a folder of your choose on tivo then you can just ftp it off

dadnz