Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: PAL Tuner in NZ?

Quote Originally Posted by gb20
    Cheers Thomson, though I'm still having the same trouble with said modification of the script
    You could browse the MFS using TivoWeb and have a look to see if there is a /Setup/PostalCode entry (using the MFS module). You might also want to include "6001 Pacific/Auckland" in your postcodezones file just in case it needs it (I am pretty sure this file is only used by the fixtivotime script).

Would pay to check that the script does not have ^M (CTRL-M's) in it, as this could mess up things. Otherwise I am not too sure on what the issue could be.

I went through setheadend with a hex editor, and all linefeeds are done with the 0x0A character, and tabs encoded with spaces. Coudn't see any other non-printable characters, and it shows up alright in cat + joe through telnet.

I hope I'm not a pain having to post so much stuff. MFS gives the following, the system state is after a full reset, and having just dload'ed the waikato headend slice, and had the setheadend fail.

Setup:
    Code:
    Setup 2274/10 {
      Version        = 2
      Source         = 2274/11
      IndexPath      = /Setup
    }
    PostalCode:
    Code:
    6001	tyDb	2316	06/29/05 13:08	 116
    PostalCode -> 6001:
    Code:
    PostalCode 2316/11 {
      ServerVersion  = 304
      Headend        = 2312/-1
      PostalCode     = 6001
      ServerId       = 9000000
      Version        = 1
      IndexPath      = /PostalCode/6001 /Server/9000000
    }
    Should there be an entry under Setup of PostalCode, and is that -1 in the 6001 thing a bad thing?

Should there be an entry under Setup of PostalCode, and is that -1 in the 6001 thing a bad thing?
    The "-1" is nothing to worry about. It seems that the "set setup [FindOrCreateObject $db Setup /Setup]" must not be working... I have no idea why it is unable to create/set the fields within this entry.
    Last edited by thomson; 29-06-2005 at 06:30 PM.

Another question, in playing around with add-whole-channel, it never worked previously, but I recently found that it works with 8 digit codes, just not the 7 digit ones. Is adding a leading zero (e.g. 07998001 instead of 7998001 for TV1) correct? The channels work on the TiVo, but my manual loadguide didn't load guide data.

Update: I commented out the following stuff in setheadend that seemed to be causing the trouble:
    Code:
        transaction {
            set setup [FindOrCreateObject $db Setup /Setup]
            #dbobj $setup set PostalCode $zip
            #dbobj $setup set TimeZone 0
            #dbobj $setup set DaylightSavingsPolicy 1
            #dbobj $setup set Complete 1
            #dbobj $setup set ServiceState 3
            #dbobj $setup set ServiceStateExpiration 0
    And it worked. I got guide data working though a manual slice load from here, but haven't got the 'forced call' to work yet - I've changed the IP address to 127::64.151.65.200:80::: (and later tried the original Australian IP) but the force call through tivoweb sits on "Preparing to call" for ages - Is there anything else that needs setting for this to work?
    Last edited by gb20; 30-06-2005 at 11:42 AM.

Another question, in playing around with add-whole-channel, it never worked previously, but I recently found that it works with 8 digit codes, just not the 7 digit ones. Is adding a leading zero (e.g. 07998001 instead of 7998001 for TV1) correct? The channels work on the TiVo, but my manual loadguide didn't load guide data.
    I actually think you probably need to reimage the TiVo from the CD and start again. Seems that there are some conflicts in the database.

I've changed the IP address to 127::64.151.65.200:80::: (and later tried the original Australian IP) but the force call through tivoweb sits on "Preparing to call" for ages - Is there anything else that needs setting for this to work?
    I do not think the emulator is currently setup correctly for Free To Air (FTA) tuner setups. It essentially needs headends loaded on it and some PostalCodes uploaded. Currently the emulator only supports Sky and Saturn lineups.

If you wish to use a FTA tuner in your TiVo then you will need to manually load a headend and manually load (or use a LoadGuide script) the nztivo.slice files. If you have a Sky/Saturn Set Top Box (STB) then you should reimage attach to an emulator and follow the Guided Setup (GS) process.

Quote Originally Posted by thomson
    I actually think you probably need to reimage the TiVo from the CD and start again. Seems that there are some conflicts in the database.

I do not think the emulator is currently setup correctly for Free To Air (FTA) tuner setups. It essentially needs headends loaded on it and some PostalCodes uploaded. Currently the emulator only supports Sky and Saturn lineups.
    No offense, but the opposite ended up working for me - Reimaging gave the same database errors, but I was able to use guided setup + NZ emulator to get the FTA channels working with the PAL tuner. If it helps anyone setting up a TiVo in future:

It may be the case that in the current image (20050524), not everything is initialised properly without GS - I got those errors with PostalCode & stuff not being able to be setup with setheadend, and when I did have the channels working and manually loaded the nztivo.slice, it had the guide data when browsing the channels, but the Select Programs to Record thing was forever stuck on 'wait 4-8 hours' screen, and the TiVoWeb did have the channel with with program listings, but clicking on any program would give some error about noting having a 'cache_sp_key' or 'nowshowing_dir', and no option to record. In googling for these errors, most people said thing like "yeah, I re-ran guided steup and it worked after that".

So I ran guided setup (hoping stuff would get initialised, and I could run thomson's steps later). Selected Antenna source, 02113 zip code (normally Sky) and it did everything fine - added the channels, got guide data etc. After that I just had to use palmod_config to set channels 1-5 to the correct frequencies that are given earlier in this thread, and load up NoNag.slice.

Woo! TiVo works now! Thanks all.
    Last edited by gb20; 02-07-2005 at 11:33 AM.

OK I am stumped again

tried to GS again and it says service unavailable.

I have pointed at

NZ Emulator

127::210.48.107.133:80:::

and it says service unavailable and will not proceed through GS any further

any ideas

My aerial is poked and I get only TV2 on channel 6 and TV3 on channel 9 - yes I have looked at all the transmitter information and it shows they should not be on those channel in my area (west Auckland) and doing setheadend 6001 says command not found (but setheadend is in my var/hack)

gah! *bang head against wall*

do not want to reimage as I will lose all the programs I have recorded to date

Tuning in in Christchurch

I have used the palmod_config to set it to samsung/New Zealand, and then I went thru all 99 channels using the remote, and I only found 3 channels that would lock in. TV3, Shine, and Prime. I remapped those using the web channel thingy, but I realy want more channels. Is that table of possible frequencies not right/complete maybe, or do I have to use the fine tuning frequencies to find them.. and how to do I find out what frequencies the main broadcasters use here in Christchurch.

Peter.

Possible problem

I just saw in my log this when I boot.. maybe I need a nz version of ukchan30.o ???

- - -

Jan 1 00:01:45 (none) kernel: UK box, no need for PALmod
    Jan 1 00:01:45 (none) kernel: We are using the Philips 7128 video encoder.
    Jan 1 00:01:45 (none) kernel: pxmpegdecode configured in PAL mode.
    Jan 1 00:01:45 (none) kernel: PX DECODE HYBRID: IBM CS22 initialization completed!
    Jan 1 00:01:45 (none) kernel: MPEG: MPEG subsystem initialization completed
    Jan 1 00:01:45 (none) kernel: MAJOR number = 78
    Jan 1 00:01:45 (none) kernel: Warning: kernel-module version mismatch
    Jan 1 00:01:45 (none) kernel: ^I/lib/modules/ukchan30.o was compiled for kernel version 2.1.24-TiVo.1
    Jan 1 00:01:45 (none) kernel: ^Iwhile this kernel is version 2.1.24-TiVo-2.5
    Jan 1 00:01:45 (none) kernel: palmod: patched at 0x81023504 with 0x48032b75 (was 0x4bfffd1d)
    Jan 1 00:01:45 (none) kernel: ukchan installed

Fta Testers Wanted

I am looking for NZ based FTA headend emulator testers for the new emulator configuraion.

I am running sucessfully with a dual source FTA headend and Sky TV; but would like to test other configurations and locations.

It requires a clear and delete everything and a GS against the new system.

PM me if interested in helping.

/DJC
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work