My process for setting up a new system is as follows:

Perform a full reset of the TiVo
    Don't bother with the GS, just get a bash prompt
    dbload30.tcl headend.slice
    setheadend 6001
    dbload30.tcl NoNag.slice
    fixup30.tcl
    reboot
    This seems to have the desired effect. Do I just have to edit headend.slice and rerun to get the Auckland (Waiatarua) channels? If so can I edit within nano? or has someone done this already? What other files should be altered?

FTA Channels for Auckland (Waiatarua)

2 TV1 "TV1"
    4 TV2 "TV2"
    7 TV3 "TV3"
    9 C4 "C4"
    41 Triangle "Triangle"
    43 Maori "Maori Television"
    55 Trackside "Trackside"
    57 Juice "Juice"
    59 Prime "Prime"

Thanks for any help that may come my way

UK PAL TiVo, Aerial connection for FTA

setheadend no go ...

Quote Originally Posted by thomson
    My process for setting up a new system is as follows:

1. Perform a full reset of the TiVo
    2. Don't bother with the GS, just get a bash prompt
    3. dbload30.tcl headend.slice
    4. setheadend 6001
    5. dbload30.tcl NoNag.slice
    6. fixup30.tcl
    7. reboot

If you can give me your list of channels and what UHF number they match to, then I can create you a headend, which will get you up and going. I have never used the emulator, but I doubt that this will cause problems as I load the slices without issues.
    Hmm.. problems still... I can't get setheadend to work.

The only thing I can see different is that I'm running US+ PAL mod rather than UK original PAL tivo.

I can dbload the headend slice okay but cannot get the sethedend command to work, it always fails with 'can't find it type errors' (sorry I don't know how to capture the details yet.)

One weird thing is a mismatch between the slice info and the postcodezones file.

what name should the directory for the Christchurch headend go into? /Pacific or /? - I ask because the headend slice uses Christchurch New Zealand - and I assume that a directory with a two word name ie New & Zealand isn't possible - so there is a mismatch between the slice and postcodezones file.

Stuge - how did you solve this?

Quote Originally Posted by Grant
    Hmm.. problems still... I can't get setheadend to work.
    Have a look at message #24. It could be that you just need the chch-headend slice, and remember to use 8001 (chch) rather than 6001 (wgtn).

Smile

Hi Thomson - nice to have you back! (tanned?)

Yes I tried setting the postcodezones file to chch 8001 but couldn't get it to load correctly.

Please clarify - does the structure and naming of the guide data directory matter?

I assume that the postcodezones and directorys need to be the same.

what name should the directory for the Christchurch headend go into? /Pacific or /? - I ask because the headend slice uses Christchurch New Zealand - and I assume that a directory with a two word name ie New & Zealand isn't possible - so there is a mismatch between the slice and postcodezones file.
    I have it all running by manually loading slices but can't get the emulator to kick into life.

cheers
    G.

Please clarify - does the structure and naming of the guide data directory matter?

I have it all running by manually loading slices but can't get the emulator to kick into life.
    Oops... that could be a problem. I load all my slices manually and have never used the emulator on my TiVo's. I doubt that my method or headend slices will work with the emulator as I am guessing that the emulator provides its own headends and expectes 02113(?) rather than 8001. I am sorry, but I do not know enough about the emulator to be of much help at the moment.

It is likely that we will need to alter the emulator to support more headend slices in order to get the FTA channels working correctly in the various locations around New Zealand... as I am pretty sure the standard one will only work with STB's.

Somebody else with knowledge of the emulator may be able to shed a little light on various options.

well thats actually good news, I'm not feeling quite so thick now!

so could you compile a headend that used 02113 with chch freq and location as auckland/ pacific and I'll try running that thru and see what happens.

meanwhile domestic bliss as tivo grabs the olympic show jumping...

so could you compile a headend that used 02113 with chch freq and location as auckland/ pacific and I'll try running that thru and see what happens.
    There is versioning controls within the MFS database which would cause problems if this was done. There would also be a collision with the channel numbers as (for example) I am using channels 1-6 for FTA channels, and the 02113 headend is also using these for Sky/Saturn channels.

So it would be possible to override the 02113 slice by using a high version number on the relevant database entries, but if you are also using a STB then it would mess up the lower channels... Still who am I to stop you I have provided a headend slice that may do the trick. If things do mess up, then you will need to do a database reset/clear to get the emulator working again.
    Attached Files Attached Files

hmmm.. thanks for the slice. I think I will wait for a few days before trying it. The aforementioned domestic bliss may suddenly end if I install an 'improvement' and it all goes pear shaped... I'll report back next week!

Meanwhile I think I will post a new question on the mainboard - i'm interested to know if anyone has actually got the palmod + fta + emulator working.... I suspect not from your comments....

cheers.

hmmm.. thanks for the slice. I think I will wait for a few days before trying it. The aforementioned domestic bliss may suddenly end if I install an 'improvement' and it all goes pear shaped... I'll report back next week!

Meanwhile I think I will post a new question on the mainboard - i'm interested to know if anyone has actually got the palmod + fta + emulator working.... I suspect not from your comments....
    Sorry I can not be of more help, believe it or not I actually do not have an Internet connection at home so running with the emulator is not an option for me. I will eventually have to get a connection at home at which point I will set it up to use the emulator, but I do not see it happening within the next couple of months.

hey no prob, I really apreciate your work to date. hopefully by the time you get the internet I will have figured the emulator/pal/fta/god-knows-what-else combination.