Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations

Congratulations

Forums look good!!

Hope we can make the mailing list and the forums work together

Cheers
    David

Me too (this must be my first me too posting!)

I like it.

I find it much easier to browse on a forum like this rather than have to go through the archives of the mailing list and try to follow disjointed threads.
    jh

Good work, lets make it happen...

It looks very pretty I must say.

Kinda icey, yet modern, with a touch of classy.

What's the point . . .

of running both the forum and the email list? Now it's twice the work to simply keep up to date with issues or to offer help. It's either or in my book.

The point is that people requested the forum option. And thus I am giving this option to the people of the group.

Also thank you for the compliments of the page, however, this is just the default style of vBulletin, and I have spent all morning to work out how to create a "oztivo" button style set.

Still working on it though. Thank you for the support of all those that have signed up.

I might also want to point out the oportunities of this board. You can "Subscribe" to forum threads, this means that in the user control panel, it will give you just the topics you WANT to track as opposed to trudging though millions of post (when we get there of course).

You will also be able to "rate" posts, the lower the rating of a post, the less likely it will be to be displayed. Also users have "ratings" as well. The more misinformation one spins, the less likely people will believe them. This will weed out the people who give bad advice from the people who give better advice. Which means you have a status on the board.

If there is anything else you would like to add, please let me know. I'll setup a forum specifically for forum information.

Cheers
    -Edwin

it's about time!

Looking good!
    and about time!
    now we will be able to discuss threads at lenght.
    without upsetting someone who just received in his mailbox 200 email he wasn't interested in..

john

Smile On the way.....

We're looking good!

At present we have 3 forum moderators. So lets give them a round of applause. If you are wondering who they are, just check http://forums.oztivo.net/showgroups.php

I am also still playing around with some forum skins to see what would suit the board best. And the topic is currently underway Here

If you feel like contirbuting by making posts in regards to linking back to the FAQs on minnie, please feel free. You could do so in the Newbie's forum. Also, I will try and bring across some threads from the email lists, so appologies to anyone who may be reading the information twice, but as always, feel free to add your 2c worth.

Quote Originally Posted by tenty
    We're looking good!

At present we have 3 forum moderators. So lets give them a round of applause. If you are wondering who they are, just check http://forums.oztivo.net/showgroups.php

I am also still playing around with some forum skins to see what would suit the board best. And the topic is currently underway Here

<SNIP>

My goodness... It's listed me as a moderator!

*takes a few valium pills and falls comatose on the floor*