PDA

View Full Version : Having abit of trouble sourcing tivos

1downunder
22-03-2006, 03:36 AM
Hey,

I am having abit of trouble finding sellers on ebay that will ship tivos to Australia. Either they don't offer international shipping or their shipping costs are like $400US (quoted by the shipping calculators - which is rediculous)

I have looked in a few places and checked out ekysys but with no luck.

Do I have any other options?

Darren King
22-03-2006, 06:45 AM
USPS Air Mail of a TiVo from the USA is around $75USD and takes about two weeks. Don't even think about economy (surface) unless you want to wait up to four months for the TiVo.

However there are two people in Australia who sell them too, namely TiVo Downunder and Hobotech, or you can try your luck on the Australian eBay where they pop up from time to time.

I do happen to have a page on my website that does list all your options.

zollymonsta
22-03-2006, 08:07 AM
Keep an eye on the forums and also on the oztivo mailing list too. Now and then people sell their tivos on them.

ZollyMonsta

Mick Molloy
22-03-2006, 01:10 PM
I agree with the paying the extra for the shipping.. i paid the cheapest available and I got mine yesterday 13 weeks later...

When asking sellers in the USA to ship to Australia I dont just ask if they ship to OZ, I go on and say that I will pay via pay pal for safe payment, that I have a good feedback level, provide info on why I want the unit... and that we in OZ will most likey bid higher for the unit than a USA person would...

Good luck with your bidding...

petestrash
23-03-2006, 01:17 AM
Also, have you asked the sellers on this board ?

We have a forum @ TIVo Trading Post (http://forums.oztivo.net/forumdisplay.php?f=24) for selling TiVo's.

There are two posts still open (though they are a month old), I have not been advised that they have sold and have left the threads open.

Also feel free to post a [Wanted] ad.

Peter.

1downunder
23-03-2006, 06:19 PM
Cheers guys, will do