PDA

View Full Version : Foxtel XML Guide data out by 1hr

uksa007
19-03-2006, 03:45 AM
Hi,

The guidedata for foxtel channels (eg TV1) seems to be out by one hour for me in the XML file.

It displays correctly on the web page however when I check the XML data it appears to be behind by 1 Hr.

The FTA Data seems to be ok.

I am in Brisbane, so I am not sure if this is an issue with daylight saving or not. I can't find anywhere to set either Daylight saving time on or off, or set an offset. I have my location set to Brisbane in my profile.

Is there anyway to have the XLM data the same as the data web page? Maybe there is a script that I can run over the XML to change the off set value in the XML?

Thanks,

Paul.

petestrash
20-03-2006, 12:03 PM
Is there anyway to have the XLM data the same as the data web page? Maybe there is a script that I can run over the XML to change the off set value in the XML?

This is something that is handled internally by TiVo's. Because there is more than one delivery method for foxtel, the times will be different depending on the method you use. we only build one set of data for each channel, and the TiVo works out what time it should be converted to. From memory the xml times are correct for satellite delivery, but may be wrong for cable (or VV).

So if you are using this data for myth, or MCE then you will need to manipulate the data after download to make it work for your situation.

Peter.

PS This won't be an issue (for you) after daylight savings finish in NSW, as then cable and satellite are back to the same time in QLD.

uksa007
20-03-2006, 05:23 PM
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply, That was what I expeced.

I am using GB-PVR and it has an offset but doesnn't appear to work, so I have written a simple VB script that does a simple find and replace on the offset in the xml file, and changes +0000 to -0100 for me here in Brisbane.

Seems to work fine!

Is the data that is seen on the web site shifted according the users profile, eg mine says brisbane and it displays correctly in the web page, would be really nice if this could somehow be applied when downloading the data.

Regards,

Paul.

petestrash
21-03-2006, 01:15 AM
Is the data that is seen on the web site shifted according the users profile, eg mine says brisbane and it displays correctly in the web page, would be really nice if this could somehow be applied when downloading the data.

It would still not be correct for pay tv, as satellite and cable differ in many places throughout Australia.

Peter.

uksa007
21-03-2006, 04:43 PM
It would be useful to have a Daylight sayings offset and a general time zone offset, in the preferences screen, with an option to set them on or off per channel. These off sets could be added togeather and applied to the XML offset value, for that channels data.

EG I am in Brisbane so I need Daylight Savings time adjust for the foxtel channels, but not the Brisbane FTA channels.

Gereral offset could be useful for SAT viewers in Perth as I imagine that they are 3+ hours ahead?

I know that this prevents some people from being able to use the data, and would help to make the data more suitable for other PVR users.

It confuses many people that the Data on the web page displays correctly yet the XML files do not.

Regards,

Paul.

petestrash
21-03-2006, 08:33 PM
The offsets for pay tv are not as simple as you suggest, apart from satellite and cable showing programs in different timezones, not all channels vary by the same amount, some are timeshifted and shown at the same local time nationally and others are shown live regardless of transmission format.

All this is handled invisibly by TiVo's and no manipulation is necessary for our use as it is handled when slices are created.

There are currently hundreds of xml downloaders happy with the existing format. The database was created for the TiVo community, Whilst not perfect we supply it for free in XML for anyone to use. Any changes to the XML would break the scripts the existing user base use.

Peter.

uksa007
22-03-2006, 01:16 AM
Peter,

This is why I suggested an offet per channel.

I am not suggesting changing the default data, I am suggesting an option that can be turned on for those that want to enable it.

With Windows Media Centre and the various PC PVR software, thought this would be useful, pervent the need for scripts, as most end users would be unable to write them.

I imagine that to implement this with the current setup is probably difficult?

The Data is great!

Regards,

Paul

petestrash
22-03-2006, 02:32 AM
The screen listing is created on the fly. To make XML available for download in the format you suggest we would need to build and store separate files for each possible combination. Not a task we would like to take on at the moment. There are enough items & bugfixes still on our todo lists :) .

I have created a guide suggestions wiki @ Guidedata/SuggestionsForGuideImprovement (http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/Guidedata/SuggestionsForGuideImprovement).

Feel free to add the details, and if one of the other admins feels like tackling the task at least the details will be recorded.

Peter

daggo
26-03-2006, 07:42 PM
I thinks it's out 1 hour because daylight savings is ending a week later because of the Games in Melb. Have a look at you PC clock it will be out too.

Matt.

normal_kinda_guy
26-03-2006, 07:45 PM
yeah daggo ur right. everything is out of whack coz of this daylight savings thing.

cya =)

petestrash
26-03-2006, 08:24 PM
The problems discussed here are not related to the current daylight savings issues with the commonwealth games.

Peter.