PDA

View Full Version : Has something happened to Orac (Guide)?

aklobem
11-03-2006, 03:58 PM
Hi all,

For the last wee while I've been able to load guide date via:
wget http://orac.caffeine.co.nz/slice/nztivo.slice

or
wget http://orac.caffeine.co.nz:8000/slice/nztivo.slice

but are only getting a single byte "^C" sent back.

Anyone else seeing this or got some advice for me .... please.

ta.

DJC
11-03-2006, 04:34 PM
I've taken a quick look at the source location, looks like jaidev's last slice is only 1 byte long.

1911991 Mar 11 14:39 nzdev.slice
1 Mar 10 12:49 nztivo.slice

Suggest either moving to the dev slice ... or the emulator.

The new emulator on port 8000 should handle most configurations now, making loadguiding releatively depreciated.

aklobem
11-03-2006, 05:34 PM
The main reason I do the load guide is that running through the GS and then to orac via tclient.conf is that it dies at 10% index.

Any thoughts??

I've reset, GS, FTA (no sky etc) and AK.

DJC
11-03-2006, 05:40 PM
My immediate thought is that the failing at X% problem is excactly the issue when you have incompatible headend stuff in the tivo. (eg old legacy or manual setups)

I suspect you have not done a clear and delete everything before trying to move to the emulator.

To move to port 8000, you would need to clear and delete everything first.

This may not be an option, but once done it is done. Now if that fails I'd be interested to know.

aklobem
11-03-2006, 05:47 PM
The steps I've gone through were to go to the options, run through the clear and delete option. ( I checked, there was no channel list (no channels to select). Then tclient.conf looks like
127::210.48.107.133:8000:::

I tried both the 02113, 02117 codes for AK FTA with little or no joy.

So I went back to loading manually a AK slice and trying to load guide.

Do you think its worthwhile to reset again and try the GS. (Umm If i remember right the GS from the options screen failed and I had to bootpage the GS). I suppose my only reservation with a full reimage is that tha Sony Tivo has been pal modded, and want to make sure that the image is ok.

thoughts???

DJC
11-03-2006, 05:57 PM
A clear and delete everything should be sufficient.

My main thought is that FTA headends are postcode 02112.

So you need to use that postcode, refer to the main setup post here (http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=959).

I use a palmod'ed tivo through the emulator with FTA running and also have Sky as well, dual input and it works great. But anything to do with FTA is postcode 02112.

We dont have an 02117 headend. Your alternative remains to load the nzdev.slice

aklobem
11-03-2006, 06:10 PM
OK, I'll give it a go ... although my nervousness still means I'll swap out the HDD first :) .

I'll let you know how it goes.

BTW if I stay with the nzdev.slice, any advice on where to get a feed from then.

DJC
11-03-2006, 06:19 PM
The guide slice is in the same location as the nztivo.slice, just change the name to nzdev.slice

Good Luck.

jaidev
17-03-2006, 06:10 PM
Yep sorry had some issues with the source, however should be ok now... However those guide slice files nztivo.slice is now depreciated and still provided to legacy users who don't communicate via this forum, are uncontactable etc..

It is recommended you move to the Orac emulator as that is now the supported guide data method.

Jaidev

aklobem
10-04-2006, 09:08 PM
Hi,

I've been trying to move to the emulator and can't seem to get past 'Failed while preparing data' at ~10% load. I've checked for time warp and don't seem to have it, also had a look in http://logs/tvlog and no error seem to be showing.

Any thoughts?

cheers

DJC
18-04-2006, 08:00 PM
You need to do a clear and delete to remove old headends.

brian
20-04-2006, 06:13 PM
An existing machine (installed via the command line/add channels bit) can be converted to the emulator with minimal fuss. Go into messages & setup:system reset, and choose "repeat guided setup". Then follow the instructions as above. I just did this with mine, and all existing recordings, season passes, and all items on the to-do list were preserved.

This is from the setup guide page. Judging from this thread, it is no longer true?

At last I am dragged kicking and screaming into this century - moving to the emulator soon!! Thanks again to Jaidev for years of hassle free listings

Brian

PS is there an md5sum for the new NZ image ISO's (Phillips one interests me directly)?

thomson
21-04-2006, 06:19 AM
PS is there an md5sum for the new NZ image ISO's (Phillips one interests me directly)?

Untested, but you may wish to try the attached binary.