PDA

View Full Version : badly wrong duration values

Dalc
07-05-2004, 07:42 PM
Some programmes this week that are an hour long, the tivo thinks were only 30mins! Didn't notice till tonight I went thru some programmes recorded this week, and was surprised to find hour long programmes cut short.

Obviously the tivo has a seperate duration length value for each programme independant of what the listings may say a programme starts and ends.

Tonight when recording 24, I checked to find tivo thinks its 2.5 hours long! When nightline was on straight after, the display button correctly gave the right programme, but the guide listings on the tivo make no mention of nightline at all.

checked the sky site, the duration is correct on there.

timmy
08-05-2004, 08:41 AM
hmm very weird.
below is the text slice file for 7th of may for tv3 for said programmes.
These are the actual files prior to being converted into the binary slice.

Title: 24
Daynum: 12545
Time: 77400
Duration: 3600
Description: Jack and Chase interrogate Nina, but the worm turns when she causes havoc with the CTU computer systems. C

Title: Nightline
Daynum: 12545
Time: 81000
Duration: 1800
Description:

ok, now 'daynum' is simply the number of days since unix time started (ie 1970). 'Time' is the number of seconds since 00:00 that the programme starts. 'Duration' is the number of seconds from the start time.

Looking at these two programmes we see that

24: start time = 21:30, end time = 60 (minutes)
Nightline: start time = 22:30, end time = 30 (minutes)

so basically it all checks out, as far as I can tell. I dont make the slices I just write the grabbing code. Perhaps Jaidev ran the grabber again and it got updated with bogus data OR...

your tivo is farked or something. go figure... i'll check my tivo shortly and see if I can find any anomalies ;)

brucer
08-05-2004, 11:20 AM
Same thing happening here, several 1 hour programs recorded 45 minutes (30 minutes plus padding I guess), also recording something the other night (can't remember what) the guide said one thing but the Tivo thought it was recoding something completely different and much longer, I assumed it was all to do with the grabber problems (missing channels etc)..

zollymonsta
08-05-2004, 11:38 AM
Are you sure you're not trying to manually record a program via live tv that has a listings as "Upcoming:"?

Just asking, as this happened to me when I tried to do a manual record when the epg said "Upcoming:" and the TiVo was going to record something like 22 hours! :)